Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#57238 - 11/01/07 11:23 AM Re: Halloween in Spain?????
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
This was my first Halloween back in the US after seven years abroad. I was acutally a little surprised that there weren't more kids out in my suburban northern Virginia neighborhood.

In Madrid there is an organized trick or treat in the Humera neighborhood, usually on the Saturday before Halloween. Not all residents participate, but there are usually several houses that pool their goodies.

#57239 - 11/04/07 10:04 AM Re: Halloween in Spain?????
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Halloween is becoming known back again in Europe,as it is a celtic tradition,first use in the USA.

Here in my area where i lived, it is big, kids do not stop coming at your door since 18H, and they are various parties around for kids and adults. I am in it, trick or treat,please.

#57240 - 11/08/07 09:14 AM Re: Halloween in Spain?????
Pete Woodman Offline

Loc: Isle of Man
Here we have a similar thing on the 31st, Hop-tu-naa, which is a celebration of the old Celtic New Year.

As you will see (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hop-tu-Naa) it's very similar and every year there's a lot of muttering about the distinctive identity of the festival being smothered by the practice of Halloween trick-or-treating imported from America.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments