Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5714 - 05/13/03 03:18 PM hostelling cards??
sneak Offline

so, i've been getting mixed messages on which hostelling card is the best to get for spain.
people here tell me to get the international hostelling card, a friend in spain says there is one called euro 26, and there's this other card called hostels of europe.
which one is the best and most useful for its cost?? and can these be purchased when in spain, or do i have to try and get one before i leave??? also, where can i get them in spain?

thanks a million!!!

#5715 - 05/13/03 03:58 PM Re: hostelling cards??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Chances are excellent that you won't need one to stay at any of Spain's youth-hostels. You may be charged a little more for not having the card they accept but that's the thing; some require one card and others require another. If the youth-hostel (called "albergue juvenile" in Spanish) is an official youth-hostel of the International Youth Hostel Federation (a.k.a. "Hostelling International" - the logo is the house and pine tree in the blue triangle) you'll get a small discount for being a member. And you can always buy these cards at your first stop. Thing is, you may not use it enough to make your money back in discounts. This happened to us when we were traveling around Europe about 15 years ago.

Again, it just depends on the youth-hostel and not every one will accept all cards as they might not be in that particular association.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5716 - 05/13/03 07:22 PM Re: hostelling cards??
Espe3 Offline

Sneak, if you buy the card, purchase the one MM mentioned and buy it in Spain! Its MUCH cheaper there than in the US and if you're planning on traveling throughout Europe it will come in handy- but like MM says, not so much for Spain! smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments