Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#56749 - 09/06/06 06:12 PM Moving to Madrid
La Reina Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies! I'm pretty sure I have the answers I was looking for now. wave
But that's a lie and they know it.

#56750 - 09/07/06 10:03 AM Re: Moving to Madrid
papi Offline

Loc: LONDRES!!!!
:jump: the less u wear the better...ahhahahaaaaaa clap

#56751 - 09/07/06 02:13 PM Re: Moving to Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hmmmm.... rolleyes Puh-lease, papi. I don't think THAT response was one of the "Any reply would be MUCH appreciated!" she was talking about.

La Reina, you'll be coming in January so bring clothes which will keep you warm in the cold Madrid winters.

I think you'll probably find out soon enough after arriving what teenagers do for fun. Just ask your classmates whom probably already know. As a teenager, I hope you won't fall into the borrachera "Botellón" crowd, stumbling and vomiting from one tree trunk to another. frown

Any other teenagers out there who can assist our La Reina?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#56752 - 09/07/06 03:04 PM Re: Moving to Madrid
eltorero Offline

I am a teenager. I have found there are generally two types, the drinkers and the non-drinkers. Both can have fun, so I encourage you not to drink just because others are, and if you do choose to, do so responsibly. Not only can problems arise, but generally those who drink too much look stupid as well.

You could go to the club, to the movies, to a soccer game, to go shopping, and most other things anyone would do in the US, they do in Spain too. With other teenagers I found that hanging out in the Plaza Mayor in the evening was a big deal.

As far as fashion, I have less advice. Clothes from Gap, Zara, etc. are popular, as are t-shirts with English writing (ironic) so American Eagle, Abercrombie, Hollister etc. also is popular. I was in a Spanish store and all the shirts said stuff like "Cali Surf Club" and stuff, so fashion is a bit more homologous.

Good luck and stay safe.

#56753 - 09/07/06 08:36 PM Re: Moving to Madrid
JoseMiguel Offline

Loc: los Angeles
La Reina..............Be a teenager. But just be a responsible one, because you would like to make it to eighteen. Right?
If I could be seventeen again! (thank god I can not) I would only change a few things.
I would still drink, dance and be merry but if I was in spain I would take every opportunity to visit every historic spot that was possible. Read everything I could about its history.
Being in Madrid, you are in the city that only minutes ago,was the center of the planet, the universe, of everything.
Things can change fast can't they!

This opportunity may be the last one.
Keep a daily diary!which would include photos.
Have fun!!!!!!

Jose

#56754 - 09/07/06 10:19 PM Re: Moving to Madrid
La Reina Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Thanks so much for the replies!

I am alot less worried now as I've realised the teenage culture is pretty much the same worldwide.

Thanks again! clap
But that's a lie and they know it.

#56755 - 09/08/06 08:55 AM Re: Moving to Madrid
Lauri Offline

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
Being in Madrid, you are in the city that only minutes ago,was the center of the planet, the universe, of everything.
When was this then? Maybe you should hit the history books again wink .

#56756 - 09/08/06 01:42 PM Re: Moving to Madrid
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Madrid is a thrilling city for young people. You can start going to the cinema (oh, don't forget it is in spanish wink ), going to have some tapas at the city center, then go to pubs and discos till 6-8 in the morning.

So don't let these carcas prevent you from trying everything (save drugs, of course, there is no fun in ending mad or dead). Go to the cinema (you can try original version ones for movies in english), go for tapas, go to have dinner in the vast diversity of restaurants, go to the theater, go to visit monumental and natural spots (during the daylight...), and don't forget visiting pubs and discos, have a couple of drinks and flirt with some nice locals. There is a lot of fun to experience here!

Fernando

#56757 - 09/08/06 06:01 PM Re: Moving to Madrid
JoseMiguel Offline

Loc: los Angeles
Lauri
Tried to send you a private email...couldnt. Forgive me for responding in this "topic"

I hope you didnt take my input as literal. It was not "minutes" ago. But by all means go to the local library and read about spanish history. Any book will do. I myself have six years of experience on the topic. But I am just an artist.

Although, after reading what I wrote to La Reina I sounded like I was more of a romantic or a dreamer than anything else.

again, I mean no disrespect to you at all.
Thank you for allowing me this forum.

Jose

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments