Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5660 - 08/03/03 10:10 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Will be staying at 03 different hotels this September,and I would like to know if tipping for exceptional service's is common?

#5661 - 08/04/03 09:14 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
The hostal Tijcal was open when I was at Adriano. It looked VERY nice inside. However, as bad as this is going to sound, there were some very shady characters going in and out of there at all hours. Yes, that means I was out at all hours too.

#5662 - 08/04/03 12:47 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I wrote to the Adriano and had an almost immediate response from Alberto with assurance that they will help with luggage. It was easy to
make reservations, he sent directions to reach the hostal by taxi, bus or metro. I'll be there for 2 nights in Sep. and looking forward to it! Thanks to this forum!

#5663 - 08/06/03 01:14 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I just received an update from Alberto at Hostal Adriano regarding the construction.

The construction is done. All that is left is the final decoration (the second best part of the hostal after the service!) Opening is expected by September 1st.

The remodeling of the building is also winding down. There is no scaffolding covering the exterior nor dust in the common areas nor workmen in the halls. (However, the lobby at ground level is still not finished, pending the completion of the elevator.

Which leads me to...The elevator! It should be done by October, but being it is within "Historic Madrid", red tape could change this.

Due to the fact that a separate business license had to be issued for the "left side" of Hostal Adriano, the new half will be named Hostal Adria (Catalan for Adriano) for the time being. There is a passage between the two hoastales. The website should reflect theses changes around Sept 1.

I have a reservation for September 19th and I will update you all, providing EasyEverything on c/Montera is not wiped off the map!

#5664 - 08/06/03 07:02 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for that update, Mongo! I'd love to be there for the "Grand re-Opening" or Christening of the new building. I'm sure it'll be beautiful.

Also, I think the Hostal TIJCAL that sparkalina mentioned above was actually Hostal TIJCAL II and not the original Hostal TIJCAL which is located next to the Plaza Mayor.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5665 - 08/07/03 03:35 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
Angela7500 Offline

Loc: Seattle
I just wanted to comment on the professionalism of Hostal Adriano. I have not stayed there before but I made my decision because of this message board. I received a reply from Alberto confirming my reservation almost immediatly after sending my first email. Since my first request for a room, I have emailed him with all sorts of questions and he responds so quickly. He is so nice and helpful and I'm sure I will enjoy my time there!

#5666 - 08/08/03 01:34 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
A note to Carlos 11-

I like to leave a small gratuity to the room cleaners, maybe 1 euro/day. Sometimes I forget in the scramble of the last day, but I try to do it. Between the jetlag and the parties, my sleep schedule is very erratic. I can really upset their routine!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments