I lived in Madrid full time for the last 5 years of the 90's .. Now I just come when I can here and there but today I had lunch with a friend of mine at a restaurant in Bilbao ... when I was a student at the Complutense I remember lots of student friends lived in the center in Bibao, arguelles, and rios rosas .. neoghborhoods like that .. I am noticing more and more changes...I took a class here called Geografia de la Ciudad and it was geared to American students and outlined how European cities were different from American cities - in the US the poorer people lived in the city center and the wealthier in the suburb bedroom communities (I am generalizing of course) and how wealthier Spanish, as they earned more money moved farther into the center of Madrid.. my Spanish friend told me today that things here in Madrid are changing.. the wealthier are leaving the Centro and buying new pisos in the suburbs while renting the older pisos in the centro neighborhoods to immigrants and it is really changing the demografics of the city center.... I see it more and more each time I come back... Has anyone else noticied something similar or am I the only one?