Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#56221 - 09/06/05 10:50 PM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
meencantaespana Offline

They are soo suave...omg and I LOVE THE MULLETS..usually..no way but there..they can pull it off..

#56222 - 09/07/05 01:12 AM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
nevado Offline

Jo-Anne, I'm so shocked! I think mullets are a tragedy! Actually, they are not as popular as they were last summer. I was in a club last summer with a visiting friend and we couldn't escape the mullets; it was scary. I haven't noticed as many lately...and believe me, I've been looking!

#56223 - 09/07/05 10:24 AM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Excuse me but, what are "mullets"? rolleyes

Fernando

#56224 - 09/07/05 10:59 AM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
nevado Offline

Fernando...chances are you have/had one! wink They are haircuts that were/are in "fashion" (I can't believe I used mullet and fashion in the same sentence). They sport short hair in the front and long hair in the back. There are several versions, some more extreme than others. I think Raul was one of the first in Spain (last year) hence sparking the trend. Here are some sites to assist you with the visual: http://www.ratemymullet.com/
http://www.mulletsgalore.com/

#56225 - 09/07/05 11:07 AM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Quote:
Many still have the chivalrous attitude inherent in the Latin man, but also true progressiveness that is really found only in Europe. In other words, not only will they pull out your chair, but they'll do the dishes, too.
Those type of men can be found in San Francisco too!

True progressiveness would a man chooses to stay at home taking care of the kids while the women goes to work. I think MM pointed out in another thread he only seen one female taxi driver in Madrid.

Bill

#56226 - 09/07/05 11:43 AM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Pulling out chairs and going home to wash dishes? eek That's not being chivalrous, that's being a pu**y! rolleyes

#56227 - 09/07/05 12:57 PM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Do you even have a name for such a horrible kind of haircut???!!! laugh

I guess I would be inmediately disinherited by my parents and repudiated by my friends if I had such a haircut!!!

Don't fool yourself hehehe, the typical spaniard is usually quite similar to an american, but with browner skin (imagine you take sunbaths for a month) and usually brown hair and eyes (though some of my friends have blue eyes and almost blond hair). Some are rude and super-machos, while others are metrosexuals...

Put a spaniard in your life! laugh

You may find some pictures by searching for images in Google by "fotos españoles".

Fernando

#56228 - 09/07/05 01:19 PM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Ya got me MM! This is my first edit by you, I kinda had a feeling you would, wasn't sure about the word but I went for it! laugh

#56229 - 09/07/05 03:28 PM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
super lau Offline

hmm..finally had a chance to catch up with the posts. One of my guy friends, from Madrid, told me that there is a terrible trend going on in Spain, where the guys look awful (messy hair/apperance) and the girls look wonderful (very made up/dressy). I have to agree, and also add that I think the same trend is going on the US, although Spanish girls do get gussied up more than American girls.

#56230 - 09/07/05 09:57 PM Re: What about the BOYS in Spain?
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I love Fernando's quote "Put a Spaniard in your life" !!!!

I have put one in my life, and he does open my doors AND does the dishes. He is also the best father to our daughter!

No offense, but living in So. Cal, i've always found foreign guys to be more courteous and respectful towards woman, and not as caught up in the Pamela Anderson android thing.

That is my experience, but I know there are many wonderful Americans (masculine)out there and on this thread.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 759 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments