Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5622 - 04/28/03 10:14 AM Madrid:Hostal Valencia
Kenny Offline

Loc: Glasgow, Scotland
Hi guys anybody have any reports on this? I'm going to Madrid next month and Hostal Valencia seems to be one of the very few places that have vacancies. Gracias.

#5623 - 04/28/03 02:44 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Valencia
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Have you already done a search of this forum? I don't think it's been reviewed yet but maybe i'm wrong. Plus, with keywords like MADRID HOSTAL VALENCIA you'll probably get lots of results about the city/province of Valencia and not about this specific hostel in Madrid.

I'm guessing you're doing durings the early May festivals, right? Yeah, this is always a problem. I can already tell you and everyone that Hostal López is already full for the first 5 days of May. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5624 - 04/30/03 02:22 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Valencia
Kenny Offline

Hola Madridman, thanks for the reply I did check the search engine for it but to no avail, I have reserved 2 rooms anyway, I'm sure it will be fine, Thanks agin for your reply.

Kenny.

#5625 - 04/30/03 03:13 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Valencia
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Kenny, if you do stay there would you please return to this/your thread and give us your review? It'll be THE FIRST on this place and no doubt valuable for future travelers seeking the same information. Thanks!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5626 - 05/26/03 08:44 AM Re: Madrid:Hostal Valencia
Kenny Offline

Just back from a great week in Spain for the UEFA Cup final, first day we arrived we stayed in the Hostal Valencia , 44 Gran Via. I would recommend this hostal to anyone looking for cheap accomodation in central Madrid, the place was clean and cheerful thats all thats required in my book, next time I go to Madrid I will go back to Hostal Valencia.

After checking in we went a walk on the Gran Via, and my god did we stand out, 7 of us all with shorts and football shirts and our cameras, which brings me to my next point regarding safety and security.

We attracted lots of attention from the local chancers eyeing up our cameras, trying to follow us, but a tactic that worked for us was just to be confident and let them guys know we knew what they were all about we matched them and watched thier everymove, needless to say they never came within a metre of us. I would urge people to act confident if they see people following them, I'm sure this puts the muggers off, its so disheartning to read all the message on this board of people being mugged in such a wonderful city.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments