Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5602 - 04/18/03 08:00 PM Madrid Camping or Ho(s)tel?
ScouseMouse Offline

Hello all ...

Ian from Liverpool here ... home of the mighty Liverpool FC and the Beatles :p

Found this board and it seems really good so can you help!!!

Me and my four friends will be over in Madrid (19th - 23rd May)... it was originally planned to go to Seville from Madrid to see the UEFA cup final ... but since Liverpool got knocked out frown .. sob .. sob ... i think we are just going to stay in Madrid for the 4 nights.

We were thinking of camping ... is this wise or would you suggest a hostel/hotel??

any help would be appreciated.

We are also off to see Bon Jovi live in Madrid on the Thursday wink

... i see you have an Irish bar too ... that will do us nicely ... us scousers like a nice guiness wink

#5603 - 04/20/03 10:10 AM Re: Madrid Camping or Ho(s)tel?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
ScouseMouse

I don't know anything about camping, but for my money, hostales are worth staying in, and of course will probably be more convenient for the centre of the city.

I can personally recommend Hostal Martin / Cervelo on Calle Atocha, and if you do a search of the message board for either place, you will get plenty of info including links to their sites.

I know people who highly recommend Hostal Lopez and also Hostal Chelo . I have stayed in Hostal Excelsior on Gran Via which is a good budget option.

But of course there are many many more, both cheaper and more expensive.

Have you done a search for info on particular hostals mentioned by others on this board? If you type in Madrid and Hostal, you'll probably get so much information you'll be none the wiser, but it could help you to ask another question about something more specific to help you make a choice.

Where are bon jovi playing? Do you want to stay within striking distance of there? You could use that as a starting point.

As for Guinness - I live off the stuff wink Well, I tell myself that it's very good for me anyway rolleyes

Jo

#5604 - 04/22/03 09:49 AM Re: Madrid Camping or Ho(s)tel?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by ScouseMouse on 04-22-2003 08:45 AM]

Hi all... further to my previous post.

Can anyone recommend any hostel close to were all the main bars are in Madrid.

we are 5 lads in our 20's from liverpool so as u can imagine ... we like to party ...

Obviously the hostel must be nice and clean and more importantly safe. Would Hostal Lopez be ideal for us?

Noise wouldn't be an issue to be honest because i'm not sure how much we'll be sleeping anyway hahah

Cant wait!!! Roll on May

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments