Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5571 - 04/08/03 08:06 PM Madridīs Hotel Europa - Puerta Del Sol
andyeccles Offline

Loc: West Yorkshire, England
Just got back from another great trip to Madrid after a two day break with friends. Stayed at the Hotel Europa just off the Puerta Del Sol. Reasonably priced at 93 euros per night for a superior room, clean and close to all the bars, restaurants and sights etc. Very friendly reception staff - will certainly stay there again. They also have 4 bedded rooms for family's. Very impressed considering I paid not much less to stay in a hostal on the other side of the Puerta Del Sol last July. That was filthy and quite horrible ( Hostal Tineo ). Avoid that one if possible !!!

#5572 - 04/09/03 10:47 AM Re: Madridīs Hotel Europa - Puerta Del Sol
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Thanks for the info on Hotel Europa. What was the noise like? Situated, as it is, right on the Puerta del Sol, I'm wondering if noise was a problem.

thanks

#5573 - 07/09/03 11:14 AM Re: Madridīs Hotel Europa - Puerta Del Sol
David K Offline

Hello all, I stayed at the Hotel Europa June 10-11. It was OK for 65 Euros (standard double), but the lack of air-conditioning would make me think twice about staying there again in the summer. They provided oscillating fans, but they weren't quite enough as it was approx. 95 F outside. The rooms were very clean and comfortable otherwise, and I would imagine that when the outside temperature is below 80 F it is a pleasant place to stay. It was a bit noisy outside up until about 3am, but you shouldn't be going to bed before then when in Madrid anyway (LOL).

Also, I spent 2 nights in the Hotel Serrano (part of the HUSA chain), just off la Castellana. It was 100 Euros per night, but definitely worth it, especially if you wanted to stay in a more residential vs. touristy area.

Finally, my brother and his wife stayed at the Hotel Emperador (Gran Via near Sol). It think it was 120 Euros/night. I only stopped by for a few minutes, but it appeared to be a nice and modern hotel, although they thought the room was exeptionally small, considering the price.

#5574 - 07/09/03 04:16 PM Re: Madridīs Hotel Europa - Puerta Del Sol
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
I always consider the Europa every single time I go to Madrid, but always fall back on the Hotel Santander on c/de Echegaray instead. Little bit quieter than Sol and slap bang between there and Huertas. One day, I'll definately try the Europa......or maybe not! wink

#5575 - 07/16/03 03:32 PM Re: Madridīs Hotel Europa - Puerta Del Sol
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Nick, can you supply the website for the Hotel Santander? I keep coming up with the town. I
often stay at the Europa, mostly because of location, but it is noisy. Besides, it's full on the 11th of Sept.!

Floroz

#5576 - 07/18/03 05:01 AM Re: Madridīs Hotel Europa - Puerta Del Sol
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Sorry mate, they dont have a web site up and running. You can fax them on 00 34 91 369 1078. Telelphone no is 00 34 91 429 9551.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments