Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#55683 - 03/20/05 05:29 AM Re: Do's and Don'ts of Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Lonoma writes:
Quote:
... Personally I dislike the way Spanish youth spend their free time. I cannot imagine this in the States !!
Looks a lot like Spring Break (Padre Island. TX or Fort Lauderdale, FL) to me! rolleyes

#55684 - 03/21/05 11:30 AM Re: Do's and Don'ts of Spain
jabch Offline

The same goes for the "Festival Internacional Cervantino", which is one of the most important cultural events in Latin America. This is one of the few events that brings high-quality artists from all over the world to the beautiful city of Guanajuato, Mexico. http://www.festivalcervantino.gob.mx

If you go, you will see the "mature" people attending the fine cultural events, and thousands of college students partying on the streets. It gets really wild. Every year the police say they will enforce their non-tolerance policy towards drunken crowds, but the truth is that all these young people bring lots of money in revenue to the local businesses. Probably the same is going on in la Cartuja.

#55685 - 03/22/05 05:30 AM Re: Do's and Don'ts of Spain
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
Yep, I am proud to say I went to this one in 2003. Thousands of students in the biggest botellon I have ever been to. It is over by the expo center in sevilla.Can you say tinto de veranooooooooooooo!

#55686 - 03/22/05 06:05 AM Re: Do's and Don'ts of Spain
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hey, I can think of something you should never do! smile
It sounds so similar, I guess it's tempting to say you are 'excitada/o' when you are feeling excited about whatever....well, don't! Here it's only used with a sexual connotation, if you get what I mean. :o

On the other hand, if you were constipated and (acting out on an unexplainable TMI attack! rolleyes ) declared yourself 'constipada/o', people would understand that you are suffering from (a much more dignifiable) cold. laugh

#55687 - 03/28/05 12:00 PM Re: Do's and Don'ts of Spain
ILbunny Offline

Loc: illinois
Hello, everyone! I am new to this message board. I did read that you should not touch the fruit at the grocery store in Spain as it is considered rude. You should ask what you want.
Also, expect to wait in line for most things as the Spanish are very relaxed people.
By no means, I am no expert, but I do have a friend that lives is Seville.
He is the reason I am here.
I talked to him Friday 3-25-05 and he gave me his email 'jumpercable.es' but I cannot send him anything! I call him back and I reach his wife who does not like me AT ALL. He is only a friend and does want to hear from me.
Can anyone help? smile laugh

#55688 - 03/28/05 02:47 PM Re: Do's and Don'ts of Spain
Lonoma Offline

Loc: Sevilla, Spain.
ILbunny writes:
Quote:
I talked to him Friday 3-25-05 and he gave me his email 'jumpercable.es' but I cannot send him anything!
Quote:
The company that provides internet in Sevilla is supercable, so try "...@supercable.es"

#55689 - 03/29/05 01:50 PM Re: Do's and Don'ts of Spain
ILbunny Offline

Loc: illinois
iMuchas gracias!
I called him back yesterday and he was pronouncing it as "supper" which sounded like "jumper" to me. He spelled it for me and yes, it is 'super'cable.
Thanks so much!
laugh

#55690 - 05/15/05 10:01 AM Re: Do's and Don'ts of Spain
quique Offline

Loc: alcala de henares
Take it easy. There's no special rules (sometimes I think there's no rules at all). Ask your hostess.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments