Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#55499 - 01/31/05 01:07 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
Also Gazpacho I do not consider Bush fascist I said he has elements of fascism. Ancient Rome had a very fascist character but was it considered fascist? No. It simple had elements of modern fascism in its society and government.

#55500 - 01/31/05 04:02 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Quintos......This all belongs in the Political commentary portion of the BBS. I must comment on the fact that for someone so romantic on this issue, you truely know nothing about how our Republican Democarcy works in the U.S. You may not like Bush as our president but he is our Democratically elected leader and is bound by the laws of the Constitution and the laws imposed and voted on by our DEMOCRATICALLY Elected Congress. No Fascisim there.

#55501 - 01/31/05 07:02 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Dave B. Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Ohio USA
There may be a rift but I doubt it has anything to do with the events of three hundred years ago. Many Spanish people feel that immigrants from Latin America and North Africa are causing most of the relatively new street crime. Before someone launches into a politically correct attack, I'm not saying that this is a fact, it is just something I have heard expressed while I was there. I have also heard Spanish exchange students from Madrid say this as well. I am involved with a club that sponsors exchange student and they mention immigration problems with regularity. This is a far more plausible reason for any rift that might exist.

#55502 - 01/31/05 01:38 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Quintos is not in the same class as Ignacio was. I think if Quintos had been around in the 60s or early 70s he would have made a good campus radical. laugh Possibly would have fire bombed a few college campus buildings, picketed in front of the White House. laugh Keep him going, and keep stiring his pot, I get a kick out of his posts. From the Spaniards and Mexicans, to GWB being a fascist. What a swing. wink

Hang in there Quintos, don't let us wear you down. We need you to keep things interesting. For some reason you have abandon your middle east thread. cool

#55503 - 02/01/05 01:13 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Quintos233 Offline

DaveB its called GLOBALIZATION.

#55504 - 02/01/05 06:36 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Dave B. Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Ohio USA
Holas Quintos,

What is called globilization? Spanish people
complaining about immigrants?

Dave B.

#55505 - 02/01/05 05:08 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
I cannot believe that people think all Mexicans are dark-skinned and all Spaniards are light-skinned. I cannot believe that there are people making generalizations about how Mexicans feel about the Spanish. I don't think Mexicans "look up" to Spain any more than they "denounce" Spain. Mexicans have the same feelings toward Spain that they have of any country. We are closer in ties because of history and there are some political and economic agreements that are exclusive to us (Latin Americans can seek Spanish citizenship after 2 years of residency, trade pacts, etc.) As Benito Juarez said, "El respeto al derecho ajeno, es la paz."

Anyone who claims to know how all Mexicans think or feel knows nothing at all. We are quite diverse in our opinions, as we are in physical traits.

People...READ or something.

#55506 - 02/01/05 10:55 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Quintos233 Offline

A white Mexican is a European immigrant SIlivita most white European immigration into Mexico was from Spain so these people are technically Spaniards living in Mexico sure nationality may be Mexican but I don't know if they are accpeted into the main stream Aztec pride brown pride grouping and a white immigrants to Mexico have occured from more then just Spain but Germany,and England etc. Spaniards are rarely dark skinned I have an entire family line from Spain my skin is not dark but white and had clear blonde hair when young so are you saying some Spaniards are darked skin well yes of course some are mostly due to tanning or just simple being dark but their not as common as the latino madness makes it out to be. Saludos

#55507 - 02/02/05 12:08 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Quintos233 Offline

DaveB globalization is a world wide ecenomic market which completely ignores any cultural,ethnic,and lingual differences that may exist globaly I admit this works fine in America but I myself (this doesn't mean you have to agree) do not believe it would in all countries ultimately I think it should be up to the citizens of the country how much partake the nation should do concerning globalization.

#55508 - 02/02/05 09:26 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Quintos,

It sure is good to see that you are not so ignorant like President Bush. rolleyes laugh

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments