Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#55479 - 01/18/05 11:40 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Oso: That is not what Guvana Awni would say, he can't stand the thought of all the people and business leaving the Golden State, for the three ajoining states. cool

Ever notice how these posts can get completely off the track. This started out as Mexico Vs Spain, now California is the target of the day. smile smile But then California is an easy target. smile

#55480 - 01/18/05 11:43 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
California is an easy target because it's so big! That and other states are jealous of it. People love to take jabs at us saying that we have all the nuts...oh really!? If we have nuts it's because every state ships it nuts out here, but what they don't realize is that we ship 'em right back out! California's economy is doing fine, we're not hurting to bring in money. We have the 5th largest economy in the world! The problem is state spending. As our beloved Governor pointed that out in his state of the state speach. The state needs to eliminate and cut wasteful spending. The problem is that politicians have their pet projects, and with so many liberals here of course there's countless social programs funded by the state. California would benefit from having people move out. Yeah sure, Arizona wants a cut of the business here and so does Oregon, but Oregonians don't want their state to become overpopulated like California, neither does Washington but that's what's happening up there. Since Californians have been moving up North real estate prices have increased, much to the anger of local residents that can't afford to buy homes up there. They see Californians buying up houses and land. The prices up there are at least 1/3 to 1/2 of what homes run down here. An average house in Los Angeles right now is going for $450,000. Here in Orange County it's slightly higher, and where we live they're going for $700,000, starting! And how big of a population can Arizona support with it's limited source of water? Im sure you're very aware of the water crises out here in the West and the big feud for water rights from the Colorado.

Yes, I do agree with you DD that topics do tend to wonder and branch out, much like a river. So to return to the topic let me say that Mexicans in general don't resent Spaniards. I don't know of any Mexican that is ready to trade his boots & sombrero for an eagled feathered headress and a loincloth!

#55481 - 01/18/05 11:54 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
Quote:
Quintos why do you gloat over the misfortune of these people? I don't think it's funny at all! I think it was a bit insensitive myself. Now, before you counter with how Mexicans are insenstive towards Spaniards, we need to focus on how to overcome negativity towards one another, and one of the best ways is with respect!
Mexico is a country of chaos its funny that Fernando a Spaniard will start admiting that some third world country had higher per ca. then Spain thirty years ago. Some Mexicans are great people but ultimately im tired of the crap Spaniards and other Europeans get for killing the Indians and the Aztecs want to know why? Its simple because I do not care I do not care that Spain conquered the Aztecs or that small pox or whatever nocked out 90% of the population millions of people have died through out history and continue to die now we will all die some day my ancestors did not kill the Aztecs they stayed in Spain until 1992 and all except my mom are still living their I shouldn't be getting any flak from Mexicans for being Spanish although I do my ancestors have been living in Spain for hundreds of years and haven't conquered any body.! Its the same material over and over again.

#55482 - 01/19/05 01:05 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Quintos, it's a good thing you're not German. I don't think you would be able to withstand the reminders of the holocaust. Oh, that's right, you wouldn't have cared! rolleyes

#55483 - 01/19/05 01:46 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Quintos233 Offline

" Quintos, it's a good thing you're not German. I don't think you would be able to withstand the reminders of the holocaust. Oh, that's right, you wouldn't have cared! [Roll Eyes]."

No I would not even if I was German I would not fell responsible this is because I believe that simple because you have an ancestor that was bad it does not mean that all of his relatives can be stroked by that same brush. You can't judge some one by looking at what his ancestors have done do I care that around 6 million Jews were killed by Hitler well im not going to repent for the rest of my life more Chinese were killed by Japan in WW2 then Jews by Hitler im not going to repent every thing bad. And people that have died in the past its simple impossible to fell like you care you can pretend but in the long you will go on with your life. I will die as will you do you think people still alive after other then relatives will feel for us get real they will not even bother this is human nature.

#55484 - 01/19/05 02:52 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

So who's asking you to repent? Not me! You brought up the subject of human nature. Well, Quintos, unfortunately it's human nature to feel resentment. And some will attach those feelings towards anything or anyone that represents to them the cause of that resentment.

You say you don't care, fine. So why do you let it get to you? You stated you're tired of others saying crap about Spain and Europe. Is Spain and Europe going to give you a medal for your concern?
Will England and France appreciate your efforts? They don't care, just as you don't care. But you do, otherwise you wouldn't feel the resentment!

#55485 - 01/19/05 04:19 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Quintos233 Offline

I care about the here and now not about what happened half a milenia ago to the Aztecs im concerned about the future of Europe im concerned for my country and I have every right to be and their are many reasons to be worried it is justified.

#55486 - 01/19/05 10:56 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Quintos, I don't doubt your passion for Spain. Is that where you were born? Since you have such an alarming concern for Spain and Europe, what do you plan to do about the situation there? Do you plan on attending college in Spain and major in political science? If you were born there then that qualifies you to run for some type of office. Do you plan to become a politician in Spain and become some sort of official there? Im not trying to be facetious here, Im being serious. You talk like someone running for office, that something must be done. So, have you thought of what you personally intend to do to change the situation there and Europe? Do your parents know how obsessed you are about something you have absolutely no control over?

You know Quintos, I was born here in the US, in Texas. This country which I love dearly has hundreds of problems, some of them very huge and serious and yes I am concerned but not to the point where Im obsessed and rant and rave how our country is going to be ruined because of this and that or needing to keep people out because these immigrants are bad, blah, blah, blah. You get my point?

I don't spend my time worrying and obsessing about these things, time is a luxury for me. I have no control over them except maybe to vote and write my congressmen. As a husband and father, my concerns are focused on my family. My wife is extremely ill. Im her caregiver. That's whom I worry about. My sons' future and happiness is my concern. I work 12hrs plus a day and come home and take care of my wife and sons, take care of the needs at home, finances, spiritual needs, preparing menus in advance so my family can eat while Im away. My wife can no longer cook and my boys are learning. Now with all this on my plate do you think I give a rat's ass whether the population of white America is dwindling or that of Europe? People change, cultures adapt, and governments can change in the blink of an eye. The wheels of life don't stop simply because we don't like what we see.

Right now, Spain is your passion. You're only 18yrs old, just barely starting out in life. I'd like to know if you will feel this way 10 to 15yrs from now as the priorities of life now become your main focus, possibly being married and raising a family. Trust me, the problems and concerns of any country won't matter as much in comparison to your own.

#55487 - 01/21/05 12:20 AM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
Quintos233 Offline

Osomayor I never really understood what exactly is so alarming about the fact I don't want Spain to have a majority Latin American and African population in 80 years you are being very near sighted why is this so alarming and shocking?? Do I wan't my people,culture and traditions to disapear and Spain to become a Islamic country it shouldn't be to surprising that the answer to that is no. If you think the answer to this answer to this is yes then you are very near sighted and are not looking into future. I do not oppose immigration but I do not support massive uncontroled immigration.

Your other statements I understand perfectly and they are well said.

#55488 - 01/21/05 07:10 PM Re: Mexicans Hating Spanish?
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Quintos: Ahhh now we understand you. It is ok for you as a Spaniard to come to the US and import you life and culture to America, but you do not want Latin Americans and Africans and as you spelled out Islamic people to go and import their culture to Spain. Nooowwww we understand, you can pollute the rest of the world with your culture, but don't anyone else pollute your land and culture with their cluture and beliefs. Veeeerrry interesting line of reasoning young man. Real interesting. There was a man in Germany in the 1920s an 1930s mercifully he killed himself in 1945, that had similar ideals to yours. I don't think at 18 you have had a chance to figure out what it is you stand for, or what you believe. My advice to you young man is to go out and get a job and work in the real world while you still know everything. mad mad mad

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments