Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#55357 - 11/30/04 06:56 PM Drugs in clubs
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
What do you think about people drugging women/men (to get them to have sex) in bars, does that really happen in spain, i've heard some pretty grusem stories out there.

#55358 - 12/01/04 04:00 AM Re: Drugs in clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

First time I hear that.

#55359 - 12/01/04 06:08 AM Re: Drugs in clubs
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
It's no more of a problem than anywhere else. I don't think it's really a big problem, have been going to pubs/clubs all my life in UK and Spain and have never had this problem. Don't worry!

#55360 - 12/01/04 12:32 PM Re: Drugs in clubs
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I've neither heard of such a thing...

Fernando

#55361 - 12/01/04 04:16 PM Re: Drugs in clubs
ninas Offline

I'm not planning to to go out and get myself drunk, but my mother advised me to buy a drink myself and take it everywhere i go and if i leave it anywhere to not to touch it and to buy a new one, just in case someone has put something in the drink,she said that if your with family or/and close friends that you shouldn't worry but to warn them ahead of time,that you will not be doing any "hanky panky" and will not be taking anyone home or visaversa.that way they can see if something is wrong,example"you were fine a minute a ago, got up to dance,left your cup on the table and when you return you start drinking and then suddenly get so drunk from that one cup that you start to pass out,therefor making the impression that your drunk and "forcing" the people that your with to carry you HOME. eek

#55362 - 12/02/04 03:54 AM Re: Drugs in clubs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I understand what you mean, but I never heard about putting drugs in drinks in Spain. If it happens, it must be a real unusual case, no more frequent than anywere else.

About the drinks, I never take those precautions, and neither do my friends, male or female, and I never saw them drugged that way, the only thing we have suffered recently in some places with are some new customs brought from other countries: If you leave your drink unnatended sometimes you find it ... empty! Which is nasty but not so dangerous. smile

#55363 - 12/02/04 10:46 AM Re: Drugs in clubs
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Your mum is right, you do need to be aware that these things can happen, but don't be overly worried. However, if you do feel strange at any time make sure you seek help imedialtely. I don't think you'll have any problem.

#55364 - 12/02/04 03:53 PM Re: Drugs in clubs
ninas Offline

Yea... I know what you guys mean. Maybe I'm just be a "bit" paranoid. smile

#55365 - 12/06/04 09:04 PM Re: Drugs in clubs
DJC Offline

Loc: Texas
I don't know about Spain, but as a former felony prosecutor here in the US, I can tell you that these "date rape drugs" are a problem in the states and you should always use comon sense and pay attention to the people around you and watch your drink, whatever it is. Don't stress out over it -- just play smart.

#55366 - 12/07/04 04:20 AM Re: Drugs in clubs
englishrose Offline

Loc: England
According to press reports, it's world wide this problem. In the UK I believe we now have or will soon, drink bottles that have the bottle top on and has a hole in the middle so you can put a straw through! Depends what drinks you like though I guess.

Don't let it worry you and spoil you're fun. Keep drinks near you and dont let anyone buy a drink for you unless you are with them at the bar and know all is ok.

Enjoy your time there smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments