Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#55257 - 11/22/04 01:42 AM Re: Spanish football fans racially abusing Black English players
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Quintos: I never said your country doesn't have a true culture...

Quintos: America does not have a culture its only a compilation of many diferent cultures.

Culture is the ideas, cutoms, skill, arts of a people or group that are transferred to succeeding generations. It is not political or nationalistic, it is regional. Im Latino, but if I was born and raised in Japan then that would be my culture because I grew up with it. You cannot generalize every person in one country such as Spain or the US for that matter to have the same culture. We both have as individual nations things that unite our own peoples. But it doesn't mean that we all have to be uniform in every part of our country. Case in point...Flamenco dancing is native to Andalucia, not to Catalonia and the Sardana is not danced in Andalucia. The culture in those two provinces are totally different from each other yet it is Spain. What reaction would you get if you went to the Basque regions and started yelling Viva Espana?!!! Face it Quintos, Spain has a mixture of peoples and cultures that do not meld and assimilate into one grand culture you wish it had. So everyone in Spain speaks Spanish, big deal. Everyone in the US speaks English from California to Maine. Every country on Earth has regional cultures that are different from province to province. China has the oldest culture on Earth. Yet China has over a billion people not all ethnic Chinese. Now according to you that nation doesn't have a true culture because there is such a mixture of peoples and languages. With your reasoning on what a true culture entails it would negate virtually all of the world's cultures.

Now, regarding Spain and Europe's immigration problems....boo hoo. They're not the only ones with that problem. Every industrialized country has immigration problems. Even countries that are not considered industrialized have this problem. Third World nations have the burden of refugees fleeing war torn neighboring countries. China has Vietnamese problems, Australia has Indonesians and Southeast Asian immigrants, Mexico has Central Americans entering illegally trying to get to the US. So if Europe is having to bring in immigrants because they are having a low birthrate then maybe it's the fault of European men for not being able to "get the job done". Or maybe it's the women that don't want to put out. Arn't Spanish women known for that?

#55258 - 11/22/04 03:54 AM Re: Spanish football fans racially abusing Black English players
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
Face it Quintos, Spain has a mixture of peoples and cultures that do not meld and assimilate into one grand culture you wish it had. So everyone in Spain speaks Spanish, big deal. Everyone in the US speaks English from California to Maine. Every country on Earth has regional cultures that are different from province to province. China has the oldest culture on Earth. Yet China has over a billion people not all ethnic Chinese. Now according to you that nation doesn't have a true culture because there is such a mixture of peoples and languages.

Spain is over 94% Catholic 6% other probably Islamic and Protestant. 74% speak Spanish as first language Spansish is the official language through out Spain ive been to Galicia and Catalonia and yes they are a diferent but they ultimately fall under the following scheme, Spanish culture is an occidental,Christian and ultimately European culture,to deny this is to deny reality Spains identity is genuinely amassed in this look at the Catholic kings the Visigoths the Spanish empire these achievements most likely would not of have happened if Spain remained under Islamic rule. Spain fought for centuries to fight of this scourge and now what had once had taken centuries to retake is now being overtaken in several years thanks to massive uncontrolled immigration. The main difference between Spanish and American culture is that America is almost entirely composed of recent immigrants be it the past hundred years or the past few years America has been created through a composite of cultures and people although the founding fathers were of British European stock after that Irish,Italians,Eastern Europeans and later Asians,Arabs,blacks as slaves etc. this eventually created the basic bulk of what we consider American today with its Hip hop, rap as well rock punk rock etc. and other genuinely European cultural elements and later non-Euro cultural elements. This doesnt mean America doesnt have a culture it actually has many but many Americans seem to follow the culture that is displayed on TV.Now to get back to the original point of this thread I believe it is because of this that SOME Spanish may be percieved as more "racist" then some Americans and that is why racist activities such as what we unfortunately saw in Madrid might of happened the question is when will Spain fall under the media yoke and fall into the capitalist,globalist yoke and start thinking like drones then perhaps these type of incidents will stop.

#55259 - 11/22/04 03:20 PM Re: Spanish football fans racially abusing Black English players
Renghis Offline

Loc: UK
This is a fascinating subject and I watched the game in England and heard the abuse grow and grow. What I find fascinating is that the level of abuse was pretty much graded by the colour of the player!!! Please bear in mind that I am of Nigerian descent and almost as black as Shaun Wright Phillips. You may have noticed that while Rio Ferdinand played the whole of the game he got not nearly as much abuse as Ashley Cole and poor old SWP copped for the lot! Truly moronic behaviour of a few.

I have been to England matches back in the eighties when Viv Richardson got the same treatment FROM HIS OWN FANS.

Also England had a big incident of Anti Turkish chanting only last year.... Its not a simple subject but I am sure football and footballers would be happier all round without its occurrence..... Kick it out.

#55260 - 11/22/04 05:08 PM Re: Spanish football fans racially abusing Black English players
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Im am sooooo happy that futbol is not popular here in the US. It's an anathema! Soccor is what 8 year old boys and girls play here in the US. Let me say this, that soccor hooligans would not be able to do the same here as they do in Europe.

BTW...the next train bound for the Middle Ages will be leaving shortly! Quintos, don't miss your train back home! laugh (Im joking...but then again....)

#55261 - 11/22/04 08:13 PM Re: Spanish football fans racially abusing Black English players
Pingüino Offline

Loc: Destin FL
Oso,
While soccer hooligans may not be able to do here what they do in Europe, what about overzealous NBA fans? wink

Cogito cogito ergo sum cogito

#55262 - 11/22/04 11:13 PM Re: Spanish football fans racially abusing Black English players
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Pinguino Quote: While soccer hooligans may not be able to do here what they do in Europe, what about overzealous NBA fans?
-------------------------------------------------
They got what they deserved. I hope it serves as an example in dealing with future brawls that this type of behavior is not acceptable. Damn that sounds so PC :p . Oh what the hell...BURN THE S.O.B.s AT THE STAKE!!! STONE THEM...STONE THEM!!!!!!

#55263 - 11/23/04 06:07 PM Re: Spanish football fans racially abusing Black English players
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Oso, what has gotten into you? eek eek The next thing you are going to say is:

Revoke their library privileges!!!

laugh

#55264 - 11/24/04 03:34 PM Re: Spanish football fans racially abusing Black English players
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Revoking their privileges would be too easy. No Doña Libros, we must extend their misery longer so they may learn! Make them pay late fees on all returned books for an entire year!!!! eek eek eek HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

#55265 - 12/17/04 03:30 PM Re: Spanish football fans racially abusing Black English players
mr louis Offline

Loc: london
i am very dissappointed with the spanish people. what the fans did was wrong an d totally unacceptable. i meet people who say that what they did is not that bad. it is. spain is definately a racist country. all you have to do is look at the spanish national team to realise that. look at the portuguese team they have 3 black players. france national team is practically black. the police force has black people. so these are things that need to be observed.

#55266 - 12/18/04 03:21 PM Re: Spanish football fans racially abusing Black English players
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
I have been football matches in sevilla. No problem there. In madrid I went to a game with my friend. She had a spanish friend and when we told him we were going to the match he told me to watchout(I am black). He looked at my ticket to see what section I was sitting in. He said that neo-nazis sit in a section during the game and he wanted to make sure that I was not in that section. For neo-nazis, Real Madrid is the last vestige of franco since he funded it. This is why even some spaniards hate this team, for what it represented in the past. It is my favorite team, but some of the fans have to change.In the USA a white security guard set a whole brand new housing development on fire in maryland . Blacks bought these houses. He burned them down because he didn't like the idea of blacks moving in. When will this stupidity end?

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments