Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#54853 - 07/06/04 10:07 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hey Mman, just because you think I'm the only the only Spanish gal you personally know from the msg board you don't need to 'hacerme la pelota'! :p Anyway, you're forgetting at least one other lady, Natalia/Castiza. wink

The more I think about it the less I understand where that notion of Spanish girls being "easy" can come from. I can only think of two examples: US military men living here in the former 'bases' and getting acquainted with....errr...maybe not your average type of Spanish girls; and/or students coming here for a short while and experiencing nakedness on national tv at practically any time of day, top less 'chicas' all over beaches and pools, etc...and for THAT, getting a wrong impression...

I do agree with Mman's Ladyfriend, but don't agree that we are more "liberal" than British girls, at all! You can just make a little experiment; read the Spanish issue of "Cosmo"....OK, it's on the bold side; now read the British "Cosmo"....you'll find it's at least three times as, well, explicit! (what do you say Jo?)
I also don't know if being more "free" or liberal means that one does indeed practise more sex, necessarily....BTW, talking about different mentalites, US citizens and Spanish (maybe European) ones do have different views on certain things regarding these matters....I'll give you one example of what I'm saying; here the debate: is oral sex sex or not? that I had once with my Ohioan high schooI friends, and about which even Mr. Clinton had something to say, is pretty unthinkable!

But I wanted to comment on ESPAÑOL20's post saying that he's never ever seen a mixed race couple. Do you live in Madrid? Do you find yourself in thecity center often? Madrid is becoming a melting pot almost by the minute these days, and it's hard to imagine that you haven't!

#54854 - 07/06/04 11:25 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
That in most cases a lot of "ground work" or a lot of time spent together and Spanish women must know you exceptionally well before they'll decide to .. welll... you know.
That is, unless you watch Almodovar films and are convinced that the characters represent the "typical Spaniard".

PIM I agree with you... I have seen many many mixed race couples here in Madrid. And quite frankly, I find that very heartwarming. To think that two individuals from different backgrounds can find their kindred souls in each other (oops! Am I talking about Ángel and I??!! laugh )

Español20, why don´t you come out with us some night, I am sure we can show you some of the things that you are missing wink :p .

With respect to the race issue (mind you, I am not Spanish), I don´t think that you can generalize at all. It´s very difficult to say that Spaniards prefer their own kind, just as it´s difficult to say that Americans prefer to "mix it up"... one trip south of Dixie to the deep south could tell you that! Not that either mentality is correct or incorrect, simply what works best for you personally.

This past weekend I was out with a female friend who is Spanish, and she couldn´t keep her eyes off the black man dressed in the cowboy outfit. Then again, we were watching the gay pride parade and there was no hopes of her ever having a chance with him! laugh

#54855 - 07/06/04 04:35 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
I agree with you guys. Madrid has changed alot in the past few years. I was there in 1998,1999 and 2003. It is becoming more of a melting pot. I was reading an article in expatica that said that spanish women tend to marry other europeans when they decide to marry, if they do not marry spanish men(usually germans). For spanish men, if they do not marry spanish women , they choose to marry women from Central and South America.It also depends on the person as well. I have a friend that is from the southern united states and he said that he thought that the women from florida, Texas were more beautiful (the blonde hair thing) He was not that impressed by the women when he came to spain. It is all about personal taste. As for one night stands, it will not happen. If you get to know someone after a week ,it will happen. If you are just looking for that and will only be in spain for a short time then just go to IBIZA. I have talked to spanish women and some have them have tried to pick up a guy in one night. They said that they could not. They have to get to know them.

#54856 - 07/07/04 06:39 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
Anitayole Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hey Don Dela Vega....well well well.... laugh interesting topic.. As a half Spanish/Scott lady.. here is my opinion with regards this matter hehehehe
Ok. In Madrid..dont know about the rest of spain...there are two types of women.. i really don´t like to categorise but it really goes like this... Ok, on one hand..u have the beautiful typical traditional spanish women that we refer here as the Pijas.. for some reason...they are ALL gorgeous, dress amasing etc etc.. however they are very traditional in their way of thinking an they only go out with greasy spanish men with long hair that it is parted to one side (i wonder if they use a ruler for this laugh )and tlak in a sort of weird "con el huevo en la boca" and wear chinos and Ralph Lauren t shirts...altough these women may consider a black man as gorgoues they wouldnt have them as a boyfriend. Since they are highly infuenced by what their friends and family think. Therefore they tend to go for men that are just a "replica of their father". So there u go. On the other hand u have the laid bak more open minded type of spanish , also gorgoues wink :p , ladies.. and these ,my friend, wouldnt have a problem going out with a black man ( i think) ..they are the more laid back. However, in Spain is not common to see a spanish lady with a black male in Madrid...I really don´t know why confused
In terms of caracter...ok, well ..spanish women are very expressive, very emotional (in a good way)they are open and sociable , and generally confident. BUT!!!! THEY HAVE THE WORST TEMPER DEL MUNDO MUNDIAL!!!!!! tienen una mala leche que te cagas. heheheh . And this is sooo true. they tend to complain a lot and generally they are quite jealus.. but then again..la envidia es el deporte nacional de España.... I mean.. they cant stand other beautiful women..for example, english women arent like that, as long as u are a nice person they dont give a toss whether u are good looking or not. And this is because spanish women ( in general and not all of them of course) HATE COMPETITION FROM OTHER WOMEN!!! So there u go, that is my opinion which I have tried my best to put it as realistic as possible! I hope u get an idea ...but if u come to MAdrid and u want to pull spanish ladie, phone me ...HAHAHAHAJAJAJAJ,,,joke...just go to all the HIp Hop clubs and areas, or the more alternative..chueca..malasaña..that is where the laid baks are..!!!!Good luck!!!

#54857 - 07/07/04 07:22 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here are my two cent:

Traditional spanish women (very abundant in villages towns ans small cities except touristic ones, and present even in big cities) are VERY difficult to "conquer" (i.e. for bed purposes).

- Unless you are their boyfriend which includes a relationship of one, two weeks, or 4 months or one year depending on each person.

However, there are younger (mainly although not only young ones) females who have "one night stands", but they are (unfortunately) pretty scarce, and are ususally very "demanded", so only the most attractive men use to have a chance... or those who are "exotic".

When I say "exotic", I mean "different". a North American is "exotic" in Spain because he is different, the same I was "exotic" (and i took good use of it wink ) by my way of dressing and behaving, when I was at the USA.

Being black is another way of being exotic (and many times this means successful) ...for the right girl.

Other girls wouldn't have sexwith a black men because they prefer white or because they are afraid to be stared at (specially in towns), and other would, but wouldn't have him as a boyfriend because of the remaining racial issues that anitayolé mentioned. I personally believe it's not a fully racist matter but a matter of "how people will look at me because I do a very strange thing".

People of some social groups care a lot of what the rest think of them. I say it is not a purely racial issue because if many people around them were dating with black people, they wouldn't care a damn because they would be no more "eccentric", perhaps they would worry then about other matters that could attract undesired attention on them, and make them critisizable (Correct word?).

There are many girls here in Madrid, who go out with black men, but they are, logically, a minority, since there are very few black people in here. BTW, it's the same with spanish men having relationship with black women.

People don't stare at them anymore, which is good.

#54858 - 07/07/04 08:58 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Anitayolé, don't you think your "portrait of some ladies" is a tad simplistic?

Guys, people, don't be "scared"! Personally, I'm 100% Spanish (and 100% woman cool ), and I could do with having some temper! I truly wish I had some 'mala leche' in me sometimes, surely that way...'otro gallo cantaría' (=things would be quite different) rolleyes

Gee, I must be really lucky my Spanish girlfriends don't practise the "national sport" at all! laugh

#54859 - 07/07/04 09:53 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
Don Dela Vega Offline

Loc: England - Buckinghamshire
I hate to use the words "easy" and "hard" on spanish ladies and women in general. I think for this forum i will use the word "more demanding". I think Spanish ladies are more demanding and expect a man to do more, and be more than their other european counterparts. Women from the England and America aren't that demanding (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). But in Spain (and portugal as well as france and italy) They are quite religious and i think partly this has a slight influence as well.

#54860 - 07/07/04 10:09 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
Don Dela Vega Offline

Loc: England - Buckinghamshire
Spanish Women are also very classy and elegant. I used to date a Venezuelan Chick called Maria. FYI if your looking for some of the hottest Latin women in the world go to Venezuela. I mean have u ever watch a miss world pageant where a venezuelan wasn't a finalist. My point exactly. Spanish chicks kick a** at the pageants. I Loved her alot. And she was so romantic, classy and elegant. And I learnt so much from her on how to treat women and she also taught me about clothing tastes. it was because of her that i discover valentino, armani etc clothes. Everytime we met I would always try and get a bottle of champaine. And when things went bad with me she never complained. she just had this way of smiling it off like nothing happened. I lost contact with her when i came to buckinghamshire.

#54861 - 07/07/04 11:21 AM Re: Ladies of Spain
Chus Offline

Loc: Charlotte, N.C., USA
Well, Anitayolé my husband really agrees with you about the spaniard ladies having "una mala leche que te cagas" (I can't understand why he thinks that way wink )
On the being easy issue... I will say in general no, but I'm sure you can always find the exception that confirms the rule everywhere.
My two cents.

#54862 - 07/07/04 02:28 PM Re: Ladies of Spain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don ¿¿Dela Vega??,

Forget calling "Latin" to those amerindian and mestizos from Central and SouthAmerica. They are as Latin as you are an anglosaxon. Latin are ONLY those southern Europeans that were once conquered by the real Latin (Romans): French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Romanians ARE LATINS. Those in Southamerica and Central America are NOT LATIN unless they are PURE DESCENDANTS OF any of the countries I have said before. It is the same if I call all Afroamericans in the US, ANGLOS, just because they were born in an Anglosaxon country (USA), because they have been raised in an Anglo culture, and because they speak English. Are Afroamericans Anglosaxons??. Are Vietnamese Americans Anglosaxons???. Are Arab Americans Anglosaxons???. So, then, why do you call Venezuelan amerindians, mestizos or mulatos "SPanish" or "Latins". They are NOT any of these things. Unless you start to consider blacks in the US as English or Anglos.

Besides this, I would like to point again that in the last 10 years in Madrid I have never seen a mixed race couple formed by a black man or woman and a white man or woman. Those that said this "There are many girls here in Madrid, who go out with black men" are simply lying.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments