Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#54697 - 05/02/04 11:13 AM Mother's Day in Spain?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
When is Mother's Day in Spain? Is it today, Sunday? I thought I heard on the radio that it was tomorrow, Monday, May 3rd. Maybe I'm wrong. (in the U.S.A. this year our Mother's Day is Sunday, May 9th)

Anyway, can anyone tell us when Mother's Day originated? Is it fairly recent? How intensely is it observed?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#54698 - 05/02/04 05:35 PM Re: Mother's Day in Spain?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Nevermind! I spoke to my ladyfriend in Madrid today and she says TODAY is/was Mother's Day in Spain.

Still, how much is it recognized in Spain? What, if any, special customs are observed?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#54699 - 05/03/04 12:45 AM Re: Mother's Day in Spain?
ryannouveau Offline

Loc: SF
This is a little off topic, but I was in Portugal last mothers day with my family. Children of all ages would pass out beautiful longstem flowers to all the women in the main plaza. Never saw this in Spain though.

#54700 - 05/04/04 12:43 PM Re: Mother's Day in Spain?
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
MM:
There were lots of ads and the flower kiosks were doing brisk business on both Saturday and Sunday. Our son's school did mother's day projects. My lucky wife is being recognized two weeks in a row, Spanish last Sunday and then US Mother's Day this coming Sunday!

#54701 - 05/04/04 06:48 PM Re: Mother's Day in Spain?
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
MadridMan, Mother's Day in Spain in HUGE. Just go into El Corte Ingles and you'll see. wink

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments