Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#5449 - 03/29/03 08:20 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Thank you, Plume Poppy. I successfully faxed Hostal Chinchon and have now e-mailed Hostal Nuevo Chinchon. Surely one of these will have a room available.

Since we are visiting on a weekday in May, I would imagine that there is a room available. But 'ya never know!! --CC

#5450 - 03/30/03 05:09 AM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
Chinchon is perhaps the most interesting rural village of Madrid. I went there two years ago (it isn´t easy to get there by public transport)and I don´t think Carole will find any problem finding a room on a week day. I must admit I am curious about this thread so if you Carole keep having problems getting in touch with one of the hotels I would not mind phoning them from here and inquiring in your name whatever you want to know, ;-)

Andrés

#5451 - 03/30/03 09:57 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
Well Carole, I'll be waltzing into Chinchon sometime in mid-May unannounced and with no reservations. We may well be there at the same time. Soooooooo, it will be interesting to compare notes afterwards. Hope you get an answer with this round of emails!

#5452 - 03/31/03 03:54 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Muchas gracias, Andres. I may need to ask for your help in securing a reservation since I have not yet received a reply. My "telephone" Spanish is not particularly good so I rely on e-mail and fax to do the job. Can I e-mail you direct?

Plume poppy: My husband and I will be there on May 22nd. What about you? --CC

#5453 - 04/01/03 06:41 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
Hi Carole! Unless I extend my stay in Spain by two weeks, which is a strong possibility, I'm flying back home on May 22. Soooooooo, I'll be there in mid-May or even somewhere around May 22 depending on whether or not I proceed with the extension. Now how's that for a vague answer! I'll know for sure in a few days. Wouldn't it be great to meet in Chinchon!!! wink

#5454 - 04/01/03 09:42 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hey Plumepuppy, don't forget to drink some of that delicious Anís de Chinchón! I hope you have a wonderful trip both you and Carole Chiaro.

I will visit Chinchón in December!

#5455 - 04/02/03 04:50 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Andrés Offline

Carole I have just ringed the Hotel and they have confirmed to me that there is a habitación doble for you on the 22 May and that it doesn´t matter if you get there late.

Keep me informed, and good luck!
Andrés

#5456 - 04/02/03 06:25 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Thank you so much, Andres, for making the reservation at Hostal Chinchon. We really appreciate it!! We find that we do best when we have reservations in advance; otherwise, we spend a lot of time trying to decide when to stop and where to stay.--CC

#5457 - 04/03/03 02:14 AM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Andrés Offline

No, no, I did not make the reservation. They told me the reservation had already been made, I only confirmed it ;-)

Andrés

#5458 - 04/03/03 11:31 AM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Then Hostal Chinchon must have received either my e-mail or fax but simply didn't acknowledge it. No problem. At least I know now, thanks to Andres, that we have a reservation!!--CC

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments