Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#5439 - 03/17/03 06:16 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
Isn't that funny ... That thought was crossing my mind as your post popped up on the screen eek

#5440 - 03/17/03 06:21 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hehehee.. Too funny. But doesn't Hostal Chinchón look just perfect? If it is, in fact, "right on the Plaza Mayor" and it is really that cheap!? Wow! If only their website had an English version for non-Spanish-speakers. Regardless, looks good to me! And we all TOTALLY EXPECT AND DEMAND feedback on this place if you do stay there, Carole Chiaro. Take photos too, if you can. Maybe I'll try to do the same if I can make it to Chinchón next month.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5441 - 03/17/03 07:07 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Rizos Offline

All this talk about Chinchon has made me curious. Is it worth it to go there as a day trip?

#5442 - 03/17/03 08:00 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
WOW!! Thanks to all!! How did you find it? I swear that I used ALL of the search engines, typing in Hostal Chinchon and couldn't find it listed. (Maybe 'cause I don't remember where to find the "o" with an accent.) Yes, I will definitely provide feedback on Hostal Chinchon--digital photos and narrative. I will e-mail them for reservations!--CC

#5443 - 03/17/03 08:48 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Carole Chiaro, I found Hostal Chinchón in Google.com by putting their name in quotations as "Hostal Chinchon" (with or without the accented ó). The quotations forces the search engine to seek something with those quoted words in that order and at that length.

We're looking forward to your review - HOPEFULLY they'll have a room available for your expected dates. eek

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5444 - 03/20/03 12:56 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

I'm awaiting an e-mail reply from Hostal Chinchon. I'll try again, via fax, if necessary. It looks like a good choice at the right price.--CC

#5445 - 03/21/03 12:16 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Gloria_dup1 Offline

Loc: Casper, Wyoming
I spent many happy times in Chinchon when I lived in Spain. It is just down the road from my husband's hometown. It is a small village built on hills with the plaza at the bottom of the slope. As any Spanish town it has lots of bars and restaurants, but Chinchon is more tourist oriented than others. The most well know spot for eating and drinking is Las Cuevas del Vino, but there are many others. Just in the plaza itself there must be between 5-7 restaurants. The Plaza is a classic "Estilo Castellano" escept it has three floors instead of two. The castle on the hill is in ruins now but it does have a noble history. Note Goya's painting "La Condesa de Chinchon". The church on the hill above the plaza boasts a Goya. You can walk from one end of town to the other in 15-20 minutes. If you go, don't miss a visit to the panaderia in the plaza.

Que te lo pases bien.

Gloria

#5446 - 03/28/03 12:42 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

I have tried both e-mail addresses for Hostal Chinchon and have not received a reply. I tried to fax them but there appears to be a problem, i.e. supposedly fax was sent but there was an "error" on the page so I don't think that they received anything. I'm not sure what I did wrong! (Faxing is not exactly high tech!!)--CC

#5447 - 03/28/03 07:34 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
plumepoppy Offline

Hi there! Strange isn't!! I've emailed and faxed a few hotels in Spain that have never responded, so I guess this one gets chalked up in the same category. I wonder how busy hostels in Chinchon will be at the time you'll be there. Maybe you don't need a reservation. This isn't one of my most enlightened pieces of advice, more of a thinking-out-loud session. Plume. confused

#5448 - 03/28/03 10:10 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
plumepoppy Offline

Hi, I'm back. I found this hotel on the Frommer's website while looking for something else:
http://www.frommers.com/destinations/moreaccom.cfm?h_id=36401
Maybe they have a working email! All the best ... wink

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments