Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#5429 - 03/15/03 10:44 PM Lodging in Chinchon?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Anything recommended other than the Parador? Perhaps Chinchon would be a nice stop en route from Granada to Madrid?? Hostal Chinchon? We've never been there.--CC

#5430 - 03/16/03 07:31 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm afraid Chinchón only has one hostel which has a website. It's Hostal La Casa Rural and it doesn't appear to be located in the very center of the town but on the edge - according to its map, anyway. Maybe it's closer than it looks. Double room is 41 Euros. You might email them and ask how long is the walk to the Plaza Mayor.

There's also Hotel-Mesón La Cerca @ 60 Euros +VAT +2 breakfasts.

Chinchón doesn't have MANY hotels and very very few have websites. I think the above 2 are the ONLY two which do.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5431 - 03/16/03 07:40 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Thanks, MM. I had only found La Casa Rural. I will e-mail them to determine location. What's the parador run? (I've e-mailed them "just in case.") Hostal La Cerca looks nice. Price includes breakfast. Isn't there a Hostal Chinchon?--CC

#5432 - 03/17/03 07:44 AM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
Yes there is a Hostal Chinchon. I saw it listed in Lonely Planet, but I don't have the guide with me at this moment.

#5433 - 03/17/03 11:00 AM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

I read a "line" about Hostal Chinchon in "Rough Guide." Apparently it is "near" the Plaza Mayor. No e-mail but a fax number. Shall I give it a try?--CC

#5434 - 03/17/03 12:08 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
plumepoppy Offline

The reference to the hostal in Lonely Planet was that it was 'pleasant'. They also mentioned another hostal. Le Routard only mentioned the Parador. I'll know for sure when I get my hands on the guide in a few hours.

In the meantime, I found this link for another hotel in Chinchon via. www.tripadvisor.com:
http://www.jpmoser.com/condesadechinchon.html

#5435 - 03/17/03 04:52 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Ah...La Condesa looks really nice. 85 Euros is a bit high. A "pleasant" Hostal Chinchon sounds good. Does your guide book give room rates? When you have a chance, could you tell me the name of the other hostal recommended and the description? --CC

#5436 - 03/17/03 06:08 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Carole Chiaro, Hostal Chinchón DOES have a website!!! I JUST found it doing a Google.com search. It's @ http://www.HostalChinchon.com - website's only in Spanish but it looks just perfect for you and prices too:

TARIFAS. Habitación doble 39,87 €* Habitación triple 50 €* *A los precios se les incrementará el 16% IVA.

THEY SAY they're in the middle of the city on the Plaza Mayor but no map is shown nor are their any photos of the front so.... confused

Looks like the perfect match for you, Carole Chiaro! And for me too should I ever want to stay the night!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5437 - 03/17/03 06:12 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
plumepoppy Offline

Bonjour madame! Lonely Planet says of Hostal Chinchon that it is 'a pleasant place with an internal patio just off Plaza Mayor. Singles & doubles with own bath and TV cost 4000/6000 ptas + IVA.' Soooooooo, I found Hostal Chinchon's link to see if prices were in Euros (they're not):
http://www.turinet.net/empresa/h.chinchon/
as well as this one for another hostal:
http://www.fotorural.com/chinchon/
I don't want to outdo myself (!!) but went on to find a list of Chinchon hostal links:
http://www.vidarural.com/chinchon/aloj.htm
I'd really appreciate a review of your stay in Chinchon when you return. Plume

#5438 - 03/17/03 06:14 PM Re: Lodging in Chinchon?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

HA! BEAT'CHA BY 4 MINUTES!! :p hehehee... wink

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments