Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#54329 - 09/24/03 10:52 AM 2 weeks in Spain
redline Offline

Loc: Seattle
I just want everyone to know if you are thinking of going to Spain stop thinking and go. The people were so kind and friendly and very caring. While in Madrid we had just finished visiting the Prada and were resting our feet when a man named Pepe who is working at the Prada (painting it I think) sat down next to us and talked of all the places in Spain he loved. It was his lunch time and he cut his sandwich in half and shared it and his apple with us. Pepe made our day!! We loved Madrid it is a beautiful city and we will return. We stayd at the Castillo II just off Sol. It was clean comfortable and quiet. 52 euro for 2 very worth it. smile

#54330 - 09/24/03 11:19 AM Re: 2 weeks in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Beautiful story, redline. Thank you very much for sharing it with us. smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#54331 - 09/24/03 11:33 AM Re: 2 weeks in Spain
Indie Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I´m going!!!!!!

#54332 - 09/25/03 03:56 AM Re: 2 weeks in Spain
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Along those lines, I have a funny anecdote...

This summer, I taught an intensive Spanish class to a couple of private students. One of the activities that I had them do was a "treasure hunt" of sorts, but their list of things entailed them going out on the streets and asking "the locals" specific questions.

One thing they had to find was the local "polideportivo" (community gym). The students asked an elderly gentleman who was sitting at a café playing cards with his friends. At first, he told them that there wasn´t a polideportivo in the area (not true, because it was the one that I go to). The students left, disappointed at not having gotten a response that they needed. Apparently, their question became a topic of discussion at the card game because about 3 minutes later, the students were surprised by the same man who came running up to them to tell them he was wrong and he proceeded to tell them the name of it and exactly how to get there!

Yes, Madrileños (and Spaniards in general wink ) are wonderful people!

#54333 - 09/25/03 04:44 AM Re: 2 weeks in Spain
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not madrileño, but I have to agree about the friendliness.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments