Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#53985 - 05/18/03 03:04 PM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
Shona Offline

Loc: England
Hi, Zorro,

I'm not really proud of being english becos of how we behave abroad and how racist we can be in general. Also here in england we hardly have no traditions as its a very mixed culture- as opposed to Ireland which is a very rich country with lots of traditions and in my opinion a better way of looking at life. Obviously this is all generalizations-I realise that- but there is also a lot of truth in it. Also the spanish culture is so varied and so traditional at the same time-very extreme from the outside looking in-which appeals to me more than my own culture.

As far as not being proud of Liverpool(football team)i don't really care as I support Real Madrid and Man Utd. I'm more proud of being a scouser than I am of being english-thats the way it works here in general! Its seems pretty complicated but its not really.

#53986 - 05/19/03 03:22 AM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
Miguelito Offline

Then, if you also enjoy football, guys will rain over you!! eek eek wink

#53987 - 05/19/03 06:20 AM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
OhMike Offline

Loc: New Jersey
What's a "scouser"? -OhMike

#53988 - 05/19/03 11:42 AM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

i cant believe snoo's not proud of being english.
i know english people tend criticize england.but in general deep down their proud of being english.
and yeah its true there are quite racist but not all of course.americans are quite racist too towards anything.but that does not make me proud of being american.people are people,your nationality is your nationality,and most important COUNTRIES ARE COUNTRIES.

as for english football
manchester united is the best and liverpool practically is doodoo.they suck my god!
no offence to the infamous liverpool players.
rugby is another story.

#53989 - 05/19/03 01:35 PM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
Shona Offline

Loc: England
Hey Oh Mike,

A scouser is a person from Liverpool. It is used by Liverpudlians affectionately but we don't really like it when someone from London or down south calls us that because then it can be used to skit us.(skit meaning to offend)
It comes from the regional food that used to be eaten a lot here in Liverpool. It is a stew with meat and lots of veg.That is called scouse and so we from Liverpool are scousers. Hope that answers your question.

#53990 - 05/20/03 07:35 AM Re: how to meet a good spanish man?
OhMike Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Shona, thanks for the info. So the Beatles were scousers then? It's funny, 'cause now that I know that, in my mind's eye (or is that ear) I picture you speaking with a Liverpudlian accent when I read your notes. cool Now you sound a little like Sir Paul. I don't mean to skit you. Besides, I'm from New Jersey. To you my accent would probably sound like Tony Soprano. smile

Of course, when I'm at home and looking to annoy my wife, I sometimes call her "Lucy" and speak with a Cuban accent. She reacts like this... rolleyes -OhMike wink

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 732 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments