Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5397 - 03/14/03 04:55 AM Madrid: Hostal Hispano Argentino, know anyting about it?
sean_twomey Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi,

I am thinking of booking
Hostal Hispano Argentino
Gran Vía, 15 planta 6

Just wondering if any of you know if this is a nice Hostal or otherwise.

My other concern is that it is on Gran Via. Should I be concerned about my safety on this street? confused

#5398 - 03/14/03 11:02 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Hispano Argentino, know anyting about it?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi sean_twomey! Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board!

I toured Hostal Hispano Argentino a couple years ago and was surprised how nice it was! It's on the TOP floor of the building and they even have a solarium! The rooms are nice but basic as most "hostales" are. If you do a SEARCH in this category you'll likely find a couple reviews of it.

The location is good. It's FACING and ON the Gran Vía. You won't likely be bothered by street noise unless there's a movie premier or something since you're on the top floor. There's an elevator but nice-looking stairs too. Nevermind the "gruff" manager. His English is very good too.

As for safety, there shouldn't be a problem. This is a busy street 24-hours a day and it's close to everything in the old center of Madrid. LOTS of ATMs up and down the Gran Vía too. (nevermind the few remaining Sex Shops eek )

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5399 - 03/18/03 12:18 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Hispano Argentino, know anyting about it?
sean_twomey Offline

One of the other places I was looking at was Hostal Persal . This got good reviews every where. Just a quick question though. I saw in old messages (going back to around 2000) about several people getting mugged in Plaza Santa Ana by a group of North African Teenagers (At the time). Just wonder is this treat now gone. There seem to be no messages in recent time.

#5400 - 03/19/03 01:33 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Hispano Argentino, know anyting about it?
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
I have stayed at the Persal in the past and, if you avoid the rooms with air-con (which are smaller than the bathrooms attached)you'll find it a nice place to stay. In terms of Gran Via vs Plaza del Angel/Santa Ana on safety, I'd take the latter everyday. Only ever felt twitchy in Madrid when on/around Gran Via, c/Fuencarril area.

#5401 - 03/20/03 05:52 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Hispano Argentino, know anyting about it?
sean_twomey Offline

Hi Mick Nick,

Thanks for the information. I think I'll go for the Hostal Persal now. I've never been to Madrid before, so I'd like to stay in a location that I'd feel safe. Also being close to the nightlife help laugh
How hot does Madrid get around the end of May?

Seán.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments