Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5391 - 03/15/03 05:33 PM Re: Lodging in Madrid
Rizos Offline

Thanks so much for the response MadridMan! That's it. I'm going with Hostal Adriano. The email warned me that they are still under construction but that someone would help me with my luggage up the 4 flights of stairs...

I will report my experience when I return at the beginning of April.

Now on to the other threads regarding trans, things to see and do :p

#5392 - 03/15/03 09:08 PM Re: Lodging in Madrid
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I have just returned from Madrid. I was a single female traveling alone and I stayed in Hostal Chelo for 3 nights. Last summer I stayed at Hostal Lopez . I stay in Hostals because I like the personal touch they often provide. smile

When I have more time, I will give a full report, but I will stay again at Hostal Chelo and I recommend it without reservation to all!! It was very nice, sptolessly clean, and they were kind and helpful in every way. I liked the fact that all the rooms are in the same area and that Antonio's parent's live right there. There is an elevator almost all the way!! It was very personal and I felt that if I had disappeared in Madrid, someone would have begun looking for me. I do not find Madrid to be the easiest town for a solo female and I really appreciated the personal touch.

The Hostal is only a block and a half from the Gran Via metro stop which makes it easy to get to from everywhere!!!

The other smart thing I did in Madrid was call Stephen Drake-Jones to join one of his tours. That is another story, but it was a spectacular experience!!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh

#5393 - 03/16/03 02:22 PM Re: Lodging in Madrid
Rizos Offline

I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience with Hostal Chelo. I'm not sure why I didn't consider that one. I've made my reservations with Hostal Adriano and feel confident that it will turn out okay. (crossing fingers)

Could you please post your experience regarding your tour. I was considering the same for the Friday when I arrive in Madrid. Then off to the museums on Saturday and Sunday....

#5394 - 03/16/03 06:14 PM Re: Lodging in Madrid
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
Hi Rizos, Could you also report on your museum visits as I'll be in Madrid a month later, and may not have too much time on my hands. I visited the Prado last year, so am familiar with that museum. Many thanks, and have a great trip!

#5395 - 03/16/03 06:38 PM Re: Lodging in Madrid
sel Offline

Can you wait a couple of days? I have a final tomorrow and should be studying!!! I loves the tour and will give you all the details as soon as I finish my course tomorrow!!!

#5396 - 03/17/03 08:42 PM Re: Lodging in Madrid
sel Offline

Hola Rizos!! I posted the review of the (Wellington Society) tour under food, entertainment, etc. Hope this helps!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments