Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#53866 - 04/23/03 09:09 PM Spanish Women
OhMike Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I hope I don't get in too much trouble with my wife of German ancestry, but you know, those Spanish women sure are sexy. There is a certain confidence in their sexuality that Spanish women (to me) seem to have. Am I wrong, or are Spanish women very relaxed about and comfortable with their femininity? -OhMike

#53867 - 04/24/03 05:25 AM Re: Spanish Women
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hello OhMike,

"Am I wrong, or are Spanish women very relaxed about and comfortable with their femininity?"

Well, I just don't see why any woman from any nationality* would have the slightest "problem" being one, and being "recognized" by others as one, let alone being feminine, which it's what comes naturally, since, it sort of, goes with the territory smile . Specially considering that, by the way, being female is great! (most of te time rolleyes ). I'm curious now, are any men ever uncomfortable about their manhood? (apart from transexuals, of course! laugh ) I wouldn't think so, there's no reason for it either!
I am a woman, but enjoy whenever I see an attractive woman behave, dress, etc....feminine; actually, I find it a beautiful thing. (Girls don't have that; "I don't know if (whomever) is attractive or not, he's a guy, and I AM a guy!" type of "denial" thing, ha, ha!) rolleyes

*That is, if in your country you're not totally discriminated against, prosecuted, used, abused, etc....based on your gender mad ; but those are external UNFAIR cultural 'machista' circumstances that don't have anything to do with how those women in question could really feel about themselves under DIFFERENT circumstances.

In other words, and generally speaking, the French express it very well, way better than me when they say....'Vive la différence'!!! wink :p , so I say a big 'OLÉ' to that! cool

#53868 - 04/24/03 05:43 AM Re: Spanish Women
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
OhMike, OH-MIKE!, DON´T GET ME STARTED ON THIS TOPIC!! I have to re-insert my eyeballs into their sockets eek about 20 times a day (or more) while walking the streets of Madrid. Sometimes I can´t do anything but shake my head in disbelief that such beauty exists. :p It´s like walking through the largest museum in the world, FULL of "art", women combining form with style. And sometimes I giggle to myself thinking, "The phrase of the day should be 'TIGHT PANTS'" eek

Saludos, MadridMan :p (swooning each and every day in Spain)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#53869 - 04/24/03 10:43 AM Re: Spanish Women
miche_dup1 Offline

I would like to echo Pim's excellent post laugh
and also say that I find Spanish women fascinating.
OhMike, don't worry,.. being a woman myself, I can't help but admire their loveliness.
Now, Spanish men!! My husband admitted this too so he won't mind me saying this....WOWWEEEE!!....
Must be the glorious sun! laugh cool wink

#53870 - 04/24/03 02:16 PM Re: Spanish Women
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
Wow!! I glad someone else has noticed the tight pants! I've had a drop dead gargeous French girlfriend but Spanish women are in a different league. Desgraciadamente, the Spanish men are also muy guapo! smile

#53871 - 04/26/03 12:41 AM Re: Spanish Women
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I have not spent a lot of time in the spanish Peninsula, but the most beautiful women, I have ever seen, have been in the Canary Islands. It must be the sun, or the water, or a combo of the two. I'm happy to say that I was fortunate enough to marry the most beautiful of them all, hands down.

#53872 - 04/26/03 07:29 AM Re: Spanish Women
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
As a (now) Senior Citizen' who has passed many hours of his young life 'scoping' the ladies from the terraza of Cafeteria Iowa on calle Serrano, I would have to conclude that the Spanish ladies are more elegant than their French counterparts. Take it from an old expert: The quality of girl-watching is better there than at Fouquet's on the Champs Elysees in Paris. rolleyes

I'm not talking about girls wearing tight fitting jeans or slacks. I refer to fashionably dressed ladies who carry themselves with a certain je ne sais quoi (please excuse my French). cool

Last year I was fortunate enough to renew an old acquaintance with a lady I met 40-years ago. At age-65 she was very fashionably dressed, carried herself well; and she was so cariñosa and friendly (even after 40-years) that one could not help but still be in love with her ... we talked about our encounter - she remembered rolleyes

#53873 - 04/26/03 09:41 AM Re: Spanish Women
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
Eddie, your message makes me think of the title of the Sagan novel "Bonjour Triste". As for watching from the cafes whether St. Germain pre or the Ramblas I find looking at the unattainable too painful!!!!!!1

#53874 - 04/26/03 11:24 AM Re: Spanish Women
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

zorro

i feel the same exact way as you with the spanish girls and woman.theyre obviously unattainable while passing them on the street/beach,and that painful man.you can just look but not touch.
i think that spanish men have to deal with it too.

what is it that makes it so goodlooking.
i understand different regions breed different kinds of spanish woman.
but i must say they goodlooking in all regions.

i find the andaluzas and aragonesas the best.
and the navarras the least beautiful(though there ok)

#53875 - 04/26/03 11:47 AM Re: Spanish Women
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I hope I'm quoting Popeye correctly when I say " that's all I can stands cause I can't stands no more!"

As one of the "ho hum" American women of the world, let me humbly suggest that American men who appreciate the confidence, sensuality and grace of Spanish (or any other European) women try to develop that in their own women.

American women who move to Europe and develop relationships with men there often remark that shopping with their men is a very different experience. The men know fashion and actually have opinions as to what would look good on their female companions. I personally witnessed a young Scandinavian couple shopping for a scarf for the woman. The man draped tha scarf around her neck various ways, tried scarf after scarf, stood back and had her turn various ways, then suggested one as better than the other. WHEN WOULD THIS HAPPEN IN AMERICA?

Back in the stone age when I studied in Spain we were told if we could walk a block without hearing a piropo we should return at home at once and take a long look in the mirror as no woman of any age should be able to go that long without hearing something nice. And I mean nice...not just the "hubba hubba baby" and obscene gestures that occur here when a comely female walks past a group of men. I'll take a simple "Adios, divina" anyday!

I am now closing in on 60, and in the US I am invisible. When I go to Europe, however, I am still given those appreciative glances that let me know it was worth it for me to put those earrings on in the morning. Last summer I walked into a little French shop, said "Bonjour" to the owner and was rewarded with "Ah, madam's smile, she breengs ze light of ze sun eeento my little shop." It made me want to have his children!

Yes, genetics, climate, food, the lure of the exotic....all those things play a part in beauty. And yes, there are many beautiful women in Spain (and also in every other country of Europe I have visited.) But a good chunk of what makes a woman beautiful is what she thinks about herself, and Spanish women have grown up thinking that they are beautiful and sexy because the men in their lives never stop making them feel that they are.

This is a simple thing to do, really. No, the girls on the beach in Milwaukee may not suddenly turn into Penelope Cruz, but they may start to radiate some of the confidence and sensuality that make European women more attractive. And maybe, if American men learned how to talk to American women in an appreciative way, they might improve their track records overseas as well.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments