Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5320 - 03/04/03 01:37 AM Madrid:Hostal Adriano vs. Persal
NatalieM Offline

We have been planning to stay at Hostal Persal for several nights in early April. Now I am reading so much positive input re. Hostal Adriano I am reconsidering. We are traveling with my mom, who is adventurous, but could be put off by a shabby exterior, but the rooms look great. Any opinions? Thanks!

#5321 - 03/04/03 05:53 AM Re: Madrid:Hostal Adriano vs. Persal
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
NatalieM, I added the city locator to your subject line. Please remember this is an ALL SPAIN Message Board so identifying the city is very very import. Thanks! smile

I've toured Hostal Persal but haven't visited Hostal Adriano yet.

According to the QDQ.com site HERE , the front of the Hostal Adriano building doesn't look so bad. In fact, it looks pretty nice with all its balconies facing the narrow street.

Hostal Persal is definitely nice. Looks much more like a hotel as you see it from the front, large ground floor lobby, restaurant, large reception desk, elevators, etcetera. The rooms are pretty standard though. You can certainly find some reviews about it by typing MADRID PERSAL in the SEARCH function.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan
MadridMan's ALL SPAIN Message Board

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5322 - 03/05/03 01:48 AM Re: Madrid:Hostal Adriano vs. Persal
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
The rooms are wonderful. The hallway and stairs are a mess!

There are bags of cement and dust and construction workers everywhere. The other hostals in the building are remodeling also. They knock off around 6pm. You and your mother will have to walk through it up 4 fights of stairs until construction is done. I wouldn't recommend it for the faint of heart at this time. As I stated, once you arrive in the hostal it is wonderful, but not for someone who is put off by first impressions.

#5323 - 03/24/03 12:23 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Adriano vs. Persal
RichardF Offline

I can't understand the hype about Hostal Adriano. The place is a construction zone and it looks to be that way for a long time. I am just back from 16 days in Spain and stayed at Hostal Adriano for 4 nights in mid March. The entire front of the building is wrapped in scaffolding taking up one sidewalk. Across the street construction materials are stacked obliterating the other sidewalk, so you are left to dodge cars in the street with your bags. The front entrance is ramped to allow wheel barrels and there is a continuous flow of construction workers carrying materials. The four flights of stairs are all torn up and dusty with holes in the floor covered with plywood.
Yes once inside the rooms are acceptable, but nothing exceptional. During our stay in Spain we stayed at eight different hotels, all with bath, most in the $40-$50 range. Our room at Hostal Adriano was the smallest. Our bathroom at Hostal Adriano was 2/3 the size of the next smallest bathroom!
There are dozens of other budget accommodations in the same area. Save yourself the hassle.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments