Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#53135 - 10/08/02 09:51 PM Learning about Spices in Spain
suzn Offline

I will be in Spain for 3 months traveling and learning about spice production, people, culture. cooking, customs etc. I arrive in Madrid and plan on staying in Madrid for 2 weeks beginning in Oct 2002. Where is a clean, well located plave to stay while in Madrid that is centrally located? Where is the best area for seeing the sites? restaurants? Does anyone know about a Saffron Festival whre/when? Does anyone have ideas on where to visit where to stay in Spain who to contact to learn about how spices are cultivated, produced, grown, used...etc? I would like to stay in small apts or with families.

#53136 - 10/13/02 11:11 PM Re: Learning about Spices in Spain
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I believe that the "Festival de Azafran" is at the end of oct(27?) in Consuegra, region of Toledo. Hope this helps.

#53137 - 10/14/02 06:12 AM Re: Learning about Spices in Spain
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
The Fiestas de la Rosa del Azafrán are held the last weekend in October. I found the previous link through google.com and thought it would help you in your quest... Have fun! wink

#53138 - 10/14/02 08:23 AM Re: Learning about Spices in Spain
suzn Offline

You are so right! I found Festival de la Rosa del Azafran in Consuegra. Without your input I never would have found it. Now, Has anyone ever been there - how to get ther- where to stay- and what was their experience- I may have to make another post. I would love to go! Is it OK to send saffron back to the States?

Funny, I got so excited about your hint that it took me a few hours, not knowing Spanish of course, to find the link for a tour to Consuegra and the link to tell me about the festival- Then I notice your link....I thought How did I miss that? Then I look again to see it was your second post. So you are there with me... smile Thank you. Now- I do I get to Consuega for this festival and where do I stay? The tour I found was over $2,000 - Hello???? It sounded wounderful- from Taste of Spain - I would love to be a helper on the tour- Anyone have ideas of travel agents or ways to get to The Festival de la Rosa del Azafran October 27th in Consuega and where to stay? I do not have a car. Still looking for lodging in Madrid for Wednesday! I remain positive...... smile

#53139 - 10/14/02 08:51 AM Re: Learning about Spices in Spain
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Here is another link to CONSUEGRA . And a link for Hotels in Consuegra . Here is the tourist office contact info: Oficina de Turismo: Cerro Calderico, s/n. Telf: 925 475 731. Fax: 925 480 288.

More hotel information (cut and paste)

Hotel Las Provincias
Carretera de Toledo (N-401), km 58.5 Telf.: 925482000
34 Habitaciones

El hotel tiene los siguientes servicios: Admite Tarjetas de Crédito - Aire Acondicionado - Bar/Cafetería - Calefacción - Discoteca - Jardín/Terraza - Parking - Piscina - Salón de Reuniones - Servicio Habitaciones 24 Horas - Teléfono - Televisión.

Hostal San Poul
Avenida Alcázar, 52 Telf.:925 482304
10 Habitaciones

El hotel tiene los siguientes servicios:
Acceso Minusválidos - Admite Tarjetas de Crédito - Aire Acondicionado - Bar/Cafetería - Calefacción - Servicio Habitaciones 24 Horas - Teléfono - Televisión - TV satélite - Video.

Casa Rural Casilda
Calle Urda, 26 Tlf: 677.39.48.72
E-mail: casildarural@wanadoo.es

Capacidad Total: 6 Personas. 2 Habt. dobles (Cama supletoria opcional en una de ellas) y 1 habt. indiv.

I haven´t been able to locate the train information despite me scouring the RENFE website. Does anyone else out there know of local bus companies that run to the Toledo area?

#53140 - 10/14/02 11:57 AM Re: Learning about Spices in Spain
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Don't quote me on this, but I think I read somewhere that importing saffron back to the US is not a problem (although it's a plant, it's dried and that seems to make a difference).

Yum--and have fun!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments