Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52988 - 09/09/02 07:48 AM Corruption In Spain
iauw Offline

Loc: Tolworth, London
I'm doing a project on corruption of judges in Spain and was wondering if anybody would be able to help me out with information/links about this type of thing, especially anything about Blanca Esther Diez. I'll need some sources in Spanish eventually so they would help too. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance!

#52989 - 09/09/02 11:49 AM Re: Corruption In Spain
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
If you read Spanish, you might want to check the archived issues of El Pais and other newspapers - this is usually an excellent starting point for any research.

#52990 - 09/09/02 12:20 PM Re: Corruption In Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You might try putting her full name in parenthesis @ www.Google.com or www.Terra.es . And, as Puna mentioned, the other online Spain newspapers. You'll find a pretty good list of them on the MadridMan\'s Spain News page .

Good luck on the project! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#52991 - 09/09/02 12:55 PM Re: Corruption In Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
You should start any study on corruption in the judicial system of Spain with Baltazar Garzón. wink

#52992 - 09/09/02 03:23 PM Re: Corruption In Spain
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
A joke or not it is false that Baltasar Garzón is a corrupt judge (at least it has not been demonstrated). If he was, he would be imprisoned like the judge Javier Gómez de Liaño was for prevaricating.

It really annoys me, CaliBasco, that you don't loose any oportunity to discredit our judicial system and our government when ETA, Batasuna or any other terrorist or radical group is concerned. Wouldn't it be simpler to think that he (Garzón) and the government are acting against a terrorist band with all due respect for the laws?

Just my thoughts...

Fernando

#52993 - 09/09/02 05:40 PM Re: Corruption In Spain
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Dear iauw,
In addition to searching through news agencies and Internet search Engines that MadridMan and Puna have mentioned, one of the most authoritative LEGAL research is done via Lexis/Nexis , an international legal database, that would have peer reviewed articles. Your best bet is to visit your nearest law library and have the library do a search for you. It's usually free if you are a students, or know a lawyer/barrister who has a subscription to Lexis/Nexis .

Another great recourse is to visit Acceso Page at the Biblioteca Nacional de España web page. Here you can ask this same question and the librarians can refer you to authoritative print and online sites that may be helpful. This page may be viewed in English as well.

Good luck in doing your research. smile

#52994 - 09/10/02 12:46 AM Re: Corruption In Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Fernando...GEEZ! someone is a little mad Did someone pee in your choco-krispis? YOU are the only one who mentioned any terrorist groups...YOU are the only one who ever takes things personally...I never mentioned you, Euskadi, the terrorist group to whom you made reference or the judicial system...okay, I mentioned the judicial system, but only 'cause Garzón is a member of it. rolleyes

The comment I made had the desired effect. It was a "verbal grenade" and you detonated it. Take it easy and PLEASE try to understand that posts on this board are not personal "Anti-Fernando Mines". Thank you to those of you who e-mailed me privately in support. There is no judge, IMHO, who is completely free of bias, and bias to me is a form of corruption. Perhaps not as glamorous as the money-for-decisions corruption you see in the movies, but corruption nonetheless. That was my point. There are always two sides to every story, and what someone may feel is a non-biased and incorrupt judge, another may say is completely "on the take". Anyone who is considering a scholarly work on the judicial system of any country has to understand that simple fact.

Perhaps a simple search of thread posted in the past would turn up a thread entitled Baltazar Garzón . I like the guy...and I don't understand why you think that my post has anything to do with ANYTHING Basque. Take a time-out buddy. eek

#52995 - 09/10/02 03:02 AM Re: Corruption In Spain
Roe Offline

Loc: california
About Lexis/Nexis, you might be able to get it in any University library. In my university our general library had a subscription and we didn't have a law school there. Just call around and see if they have it.

#52996 - 09/10/02 05:09 AM Re: Corruption In Spain
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hehehehe smile You play it very well Cali.

I didn't take it personally and I am very very calm. I was just making a comment about my thoughts... You don't loose any single oportunity to discredit the government and the judicial system.

I'm not saying that the the spanish judicial system is free of corruption, of laziness, and I'm not saying that the government is perfect and does everything ok. What I'm saying is that I have the perception that for some reason you make them suspects of being corrupt everytime you can.

Perhaps I'm wrong... Accept my most sincere excuses in that case wink

Fernando

#52997 - 09/10/02 10:00 AM Re: Corruption In Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Yes, Fernando, you're quite wrong about me...and since that is 'the case', I'll accept your 'excuses'.

CaliBasco [Who apparently is a 'player' and didn't know it] rolleyes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments