Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5287 - 02/24/03 09:39 AM 1 Huerta Apartment warning
viequense Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
Hello to all! I am just home from my trip to Spain. We had a great time and didnt want to come home. However, I have to let you all know about what happened with the apartment we stayed in in Madrid. It is listed under apartments as 1 Huerta Apartment. We showed up at the apartment and the owners were really really sweet and the apartment was great. I paid them right then for the four nights we were staying. I was with my two children, as as I am always more careful about keeping things neat when I am with them, we took good care of the apartment. On our last night I even swept the floor, cleaned up all the garbage, washed and put away the dishes, washed off the kitchen counter and the next morning I made the bed and put away the hide a bed. I figured all the owners would have to do is take out the garbage (I didnt know where to put it as I only saw recycle bins, but I did put it neatly in bags in the corner of the kitchen), mop the floor and wash the sheets and towels. Well, I come home and find out that the owners have been calling and harrassing my friend in Spain saying that we owe them money (for what I dont know) and that we left the place a disaster (absolutely not true). I dont know why they are harrasing him instead of calling or emailing me. I just thought I would bring this to the attention of anyone thinking of renting the place. It is too bad because it is a great place and I had intended on going back frequently and would have stayed there, but I do not need a hastle everytime either.

Thanks for all of your guys help planning our trip, it was great!

Julia

#5288 - 02/24/03 11:27 AM Re: 1 Huerta Apartment warning
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
Julia, I am so sorry about your bad experience. My mother has stayed there in the past and had no trouble whatsoever with Rosa and Alberto. Did you find out what you apparently owed them money for?

#5289 - 02/24/03 03:33 PM Re: 1 Huerta Apartment warning
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
This is all truly suprising! We've heard nothing but glowing reviews of this place and, it seems, the place itself is still quite nice. I intend to tour it during my visit in April.

Why not send the owners an email and try to clear this up with them and let us know what happens. Maybe it's just a simple misunderstanding???

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5290 - 02/24/03 05:25 PM Re: 1 Huerta Apartment warning
viequense Offline

I have been emailing them and get nothing but rude answers and they now say they are insulted because there is a "custom" in Spain to say goodbye and I did not do that... ????? I was not staying in their house and I had an intent to email them a thank you at the first opportunity... Anyways, there is anther similiar complaint about this apartment here: http://www.madridman.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=19&t=000127&p= Just becareful and have the apt looked over before they leave.

Julia

#5291 - 02/24/03 08:14 PM Re: 1 Huerta Apartment warning
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm sure it's not my place to be in the middle of this so I'm not sure why I'm writing what I'm about to write... Oh boy... rolleyes

Alberto sent me a distressed email this morning about seeing your posting here. I'm not going to take anyone's side but Alberto and Rosa sent me the "transcript" of your email exchanges since you first enquired about the apartment's availability.

After reading the "transcript" and your postings above, it looks like an unfortunate situation to be sure, maybe some misunderstandings in translation and differences in expectations and customs.

Usually, after the first misunderstanding spawns another, then that spawns anger, then before you know it two people are shouting at each other face-to-face and finally no one is listening and is totally shut-off from the other.

Again, I'm not taking anyone's side. And heck, I've even read a couple NEGATIVE postings about the famed Hostal López & Hostal Chelo!! It's impossible for any establishment to be perfect 100% of the time and it's impossible for any customer/client/guest to be happy 100% of the time.

Let's chalk this up to experience and move on, shall we? viequense, better luck next time, eh? smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5292 - 02/25/03 01:06 AM Re: 1 Huerta Apartment warning
viequense Offline

Yes, as I said I just wanted to give others a heads up to becareful as I seem to not have been the only one, that is all.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments