MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#52751 - 07/24/02 10:48 PM Re: Morocco invades the Perejil's Island
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Toddy, I think the problem here is that you don't know what you are talking about...

On the NAFTA matter: these kind of agreements have first to be publicly dicussed, and I have heard nothing of it yet. Spain would never leave EU in an easy way, the social and political turmoil would be impressive.

As for anti-americanism: Do not confuse with anti-toddyism please... that's kind of egocentric.

As for Franco: It seems that you have some kind of admiration for him since you repeat once and again his name (considering the fact that he died 27 years ago, in which the spanish society has evolved much more than any other european one). Did you have someone on your family killed by him? imprisoned by him? prosecuted by him? I have. Shut your mouth and try to be more sensitive.

Fernando

#52752 - 07/24/02 10:59 PM Re: Morocco invades the Perejil's Island
toddy Offline

Loc: USA
"On the NAFTA matter: these kind of agreements have first to be publicly dicussed"

Sorry, but in the real world, political deals are made behind closed doors and then brought to the public.

Fernando, I have pointed out many things you have written that are wrong. Is it that hard to admit that you are wrong without trying to ridicule me? Let go of some of that Spanish pride and start speaking the truth.

#52753 - 07/25/02 10:27 AM Re: Morocco invades the Perejil's Island
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
toddy - you ask for people to
Quote:
speak the truth
- perhaps it is time that you listen to what a number of intelligent, rational, knowledgable, and senstitive people have been saying to you innumerable times - stop the nastiness and pendantic statements!. In case you haven't noticed - the members of this board have respect for each other and the individuals' opinion - perhaps you, too, as a board member could start developing this tactic.

#52754 - 07/25/02 11:05 AM Re: Morocco invades the Perejil's Island
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Topic of Discussion: Morocco invades the Perejil's Island

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#52755 - 07/25/02 11:10 AM Re: Morocco invades the Perejil's Island
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Ok toddy, let's bury the hatchet. I've tried to explain and argue in every topic discused, sometimes ironicly, sometimes not.

In the Morocco conflict I think that I have pointed enough arguments to refute your statements, as well as in the NAFTA matter (while desirable, it is not probable that it may occur).

I want to stop the irony and sarcasm. I'm not going to blame you of it (following your advise of keeping away my Quixote spanish pride, a compliment for me...). I just want to say that I feel like if you wanted me to blame USA for all the problems that asolate the world, which I have never done, nor I'm going to do. If you still don't have it clear: I like the USA, with its good and bad things, and I feel that overall its role on international matters is good.

Let's continue to discuss whatever you, or any other member of this incredible message board wants, in a civilized matter (as almost always we have done). smile

Fernando

#52756 - 07/25/02 11:40 AM Re: Morocco invades the Perejil's Island
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
MadridMan: I just got this e-mail addressed from perejilforum@madridman.com. It reads:

Quote:
Dear MadridMan,

Perejil forum here. I know I haven't written in a while, but I've been busy. I was wondering if you could please close me. I'm getting tired of people neglecting me and not talking about me anymore and thought that if you would close me, I could get some rest. People might even begin to discuss other topics and get along.

Hope all is well,
Perejil Thread

P.S. Please refer people to the Gypsy Thread. They'll be able to learn all about what happens when people take things personally.
:p

#52757 - 07/25/02 12:35 PM Re: Morocco invades the Perejil's Island
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

More than true CaliBasco... we have not been discusing nothing about Perejil since lots of posts above wink

When I started this thread (just to inform about the conflict from my point of view) I didn't know it was going to be that "hot"...

It is probably time to close it... let's see if I can as the creator of it.

Fernando

#52758 - 07/25/02 12:36 PM Re: Morocco invades the Perejil's Island
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

I can't...

#52759 - 07/25/02 12:58 PM Re: Morocco invades the Perejil's Island
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
It's a funny thing about threads - the more you pull on them, the more the material unravels. Eventually a button, or a sleeve falls off.. rolleyes We've already pulled enough loose ends on this one to make that piece of rock disappear like Atlantis, into the sea.

Anyway, it don't look like parsley to me. It looks like something seagulls use for bombing runs. eek

'Nuff said!

Wolf (Visualizing seagulls "strafing" the Moroccan police who were on the island - rolleyes )

#52760 - 07/25/02 01:10 PM Re: Morocco invades the Perejil's Island
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Well.... I wouldn't do it for just anybody but those with 1000+ postings get certain priveleges. hehehe.. wink

Yeah... this thread has totally unravelled. rolleyes Let's start a new topic on ETA, shall we?? wink (NOT!)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments