Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#526 - 10/02/00 09:36 PM Plaza de espana (Madrid)
billy ski Offline

Loc: long beach New York USA
I plan on staying at the Hostal Hispano America @ 63 Gran Via in mid-November with my girl friend. Can anyone advise me about this Hostal and the neighborhood it is located in? Is is safe and convenient to all worth doing? How good are the premises? Thanks

#527 - 10/03/00 01:23 AM Re: Plaza de espana (Madrid)
ilovemadrid Offline

Loc: Hawaii
Hi Billy:

I have never stayed at that particular hostal, but did stay at one next to it, Hostal Buenos Aires, and it is in a very convenient area. The Gran Vía is one of the main highways of Madrid and you are close to everything - Plaza de España, Puerta de Sol, el Prado, Plaza de Callao, Plaza Mayor, el Retiro, ... there are also bus and metro stops everywhere, and a special taxi lane. The Gran Vía itself is really interesting, there are many restaurants and cafés, not to mention movie theaters and shops. As for safety, I have never had any problems in that area, the only thing that I or anyone else would probably tell you is the usual - no matter where you are, always keep an eye on your belongings and surroundings.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments