Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5217 - 02/08/03 12:24 PM Parador reservations -- Help!!
NatalieM Offline

Looking for suggestions on reserving at paradors...I first used the parador website, which seemed to work great, but got no confirmation. I called their central number, and they told me I could not reserve using the website, but needed to call the individual paradors. I made a reservation with Parador Merida by phone (very nice person, very helpful, got a confirmation number). When I called the next day to alter it, I was told there was no reservation with that number or under my name. When I attempted to make a new reservation, I was told to call back tomorrow. I requested a fax number, but I don't think the person understood me. Now I'm worried that even if I make a reservation successfully, I may not have one. Any suggestions? Thank you!!

#5218 - 02/08/03 01:30 PM Re: Parador reservations -- Help!!
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
You can reserve with: Viajes El Corte Inglés or other spanish travel agency by phone and ask for Paradors offers (In this time there are a lot of offers).

Luck
ABP

#5219 - 02/08/03 03:27 PM Re: Parador reservations -- Help!!
NatalieM Offline

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you have a phone number? I haven't been able to find them on the internet.

#5220 - 02/08/03 07:31 PM Re: Parador reservations -- Help!!
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
I don't know how helpful this can be, but here it is! I tried to make a reservation at a Parador once, and did it by email. The information they sent me was in basic English but because it was written down, I was able to figure it out. And I assume that it was easier for them to read my email message than for me to speak to them. On the whole, I try and get reservations done by email and if the answer comes back in Spanish, I can translate the content with a dictionary.

#5221 - 02/09/03 04:18 AM Re: Parador reservations -- Help!!
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
pls note Viajes El Corte Ingles phone in Madrid
915213858 and 902224411

ABP

#5222 - 02/10/03 09:21 AM Re: Parador reservations -- Help!!
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
Last summer I booked with Petrabax travel agency in LA. I found them on the Parador website . Look for a US number. It was nice to be able to communicate without international calling. They handled everything very well. We prepaid and they issued vouchers.

#5223 - 02/10/03 03:41 PM Re: Parador reservations -- Help!!
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
I have done parador reservations strictly by email and that email address as per their website is info@parador.es. They have always responsed within 24 hours. However, the response, at least in my case, has always been from Esther and the email address is SCREC011@parador.es

Anyway, try the SCREC011@parador.es email address.

#5224 - 02/10/03 04:31 PM Re: Parador reservations -- Help!!
NatalieM Offline

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already called Petrabax and the rates they quoted me were significantly higher than those listed on the Parador site, even without any meals included. When I attempted to clarify why their rate was so much higher, the person became quite unpleasant. They also said they could not give me a senior rate for my mom's room,which the parador said they could do. I e-mailed the parador site several times in the past 10 days, & have received no response, but will try the new address you've shared. Viajes El Corte Ingle has been very nice, but I need to call back when there is a staff person who speaks better English. In the meantime, I'm faxing & e-mailing using the altavista babel fish translation service (babelfish.altavista.com). If you haven't checked it out, it is amazing!

#5225 - 02/10/03 04:32 PM Re: Parador reservations -- Help!!
NatalieM Offline

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already called Petrabax and the rates they quoted me were significantly higher than those listed on the Parador site, even without any meals included. When I attempted to clarify why their rate was so much higher, the person became quite unpleasant. They also said they could not give me a senior rate for my mom's room,which the parador said they could do. I e-mailed the parador site several times in the past 10 days, & have received no response, but will try the new address you've shared. Viajes El Corte Ingle has been very nice, but I need to call back when there is a staff person who speaks better English. In the meantime, I'm faxing & e-mailing using the altavista babel fish translation service (babelfish.altavista.com). If you haven't checked it out, it is amazing!

#5226 - 02/10/03 04:32 PM Re: Parador reservations -- Help!!
NatalieM Offline

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 800 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments