Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5179 - 02/04/03 03:39 AM Madrid: Hostal Comercial vs Hostal Lopez?
Emil92 Offline

Loc: CA, USA
Hello, first of all let me thank MadridMan for providing such an invaluable website, it has helped a great deal in tracking down places to stay in Madrid.
Im trying to narrow down my search here. Ive heard good things about Hostal Comercial and of course about Hostal López . Heres the scenario: Im visiting my girlfriend who is studying in Madrid, somewhere near Miguel Angel 8(syracuse university in Spain)? Anyways, I realize that Hostal lopez is near the historic part of town, and comercial is close to puerta del sol, etc. Question is, which one would suit a 22yr old with better? Of course I still want something safe, and most likely my girlfriend would be staying with me, so a double or queen is required. Please post expierences, suggestions, anything. Thank you very much, Im sure either way I will be happy.
Btw, Im only staying for 8 days, so please keep that in mind, thanks again!

#5180 - 02/04/03 05:14 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Comercial vs Hostal Lopez?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
We spent 3 nights at Hostal Lopez last summer at the beginning of our trip and again at the end of our trip. I would rate it as just ok. It is well-located, clean, safe, and inexpensive, but many of the other hostals we stayed at were more friendly. We had some problems with the key to the front door not working which was a bit of a problem especially at night. I am returning in two weeks and trying Hostal Chelo this time.

#5181 - 02/05/03 02:19 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Comercial vs Hostal Lopez?
Emil92 Offline

Loc: CA, USA
Hey thanks for the reply, can you post a follow up of Hostal Chelo when you get back? Thanks,

#5182 - 02/07/03 03:20 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Comercial vs Hostal Lopez?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Will do. I am there from the 8th to the 11th of March.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments