Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#51749 - 12/04/01 01:21 PM My Trip to Spain
Tejano Offline

Loc: Texas
Well,
I finally went to Spain. It was everything I expected and more. Madrid was very pretty, historical, many monuments, the people were nice and it was very easy to get around.

The food in Spain was OK, I guess I'm used to Mexican & Latin food.
Madrid was very clean. I stayed around Plaza de Espana. I felt secured and was not pick-pocketed nor any of my buddies.
The locals were nice.

I was stunned to see how many people smoke in Spain. People smoke every where.

Spaniards love PORK. Saw many Tappas restaurants. They truly like ham, salami and cheese.
It was cute to see so many older couples partying late at night. Madrid was packed with people thru 5:00 a.m. on Fridays & Saturdays.

We also went to Seville. I love Seville. The people were more friendly and warm.
All in all Spain is a beautiful country. The women are so pretty, specially in Seville.

Toledo was also very nice. The cathedral in Toledo was so out of this world. It is the most prettiest church I have ever seen in my life.

I will definetely return back to Spain.

#51750 - 12/04/01 05:31 PM Re: My Trip to Spain
dargus Offline

Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Tejano, it sounds like you had a great trip to Spain. I am still planning to make my first trip over (from Canada) and have had to cancel twice due to personal reasons. It sounds very much like my kind of place, full of life, passion, gracious people, beautiful landscapes, ancient buildings. As the harshness, yet stark beauty, of winter has officially become part of my daily life for the next five months, my dreams will slowly include visions of visiting that country which will allow me to plan another trip, but this time I will arrive and be forever changed. How I look forward to that day.
Thanks for your report.
Dargus

#51751 - 12/04/01 10:19 PM Re: My Trip to Spain
Yessenia Offline

Loc: NYC
Congrats, Tejano! How long was you stay and was you trip to toledo a one day visit. This will be my first trip to Spain and I can't wait. Tell us more.

Yessenia laugh

#51752 - 12/06/01 05:42 PM Re: My Trip to Spain
Tejano Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Yessenia,
My trip to Toledo was just a half a day tour. It is quiet town. It's a must see, you defenitely have to see the Cathedral in Toledo. It is so beautiful. They have many more gift shops with more variety. The products that they sell in the stores are of higher quality, there is so much to see in these stores. And of course there is the painting of El Greco.

I was in Spain for 9 days. Madrid is nice, many places to visit, however, I enjoyed Sevilla more than Madrid.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments