Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5162 - 02/02/03 05:02 PM Madrid:Principe 11 vs. En busca del tiempo
lindacarol Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
I have a reservation at En Busca del Tiempo but read a comment on another site that said the neighborhood is "run down"; so I now have an alternate reservation at Principe 11 . Both hotels look fine for me, but I need to cancel one of them...is one in a "better" neighborhood than the other? I'm a single woman traveling alone and want to feel comfortable walking on the street near my hotel. Thanks in advance for your help!

#5163 - 02/02/03 05:07 PM Re: Madrid:Principe 11 vs. En busca del tiempo
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
I'll jump in before MadridMan jumps in with his timely Ahem...Are you talking about Madrid!
Anyway I don't know where the first place is you mention, but as for the second in C Principe in Madrid, well this is as safe as anywhere. The streets are always bright and full well into the night at weekends, so you shouldn't have problems there.

#5164 - 02/02/03 05:24 PM Re: Madrid:Principe 11 vs. En busca del tiempo
lindacarol Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Thanks Barry. I can't believe I left out "Madrid" after reading so many posts here that left out the city name. How embarrassing. (picture me bonking my forehead with my hand).

#5165 - 02/03/03 03:22 PM Re: Madrid:Principe 11 vs. En busca del tiempo
Marianpo Offline

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
lindacarol:

Please see my recent query under " Apartamentos Hispano ", which I was weighing against Principe 11. MadridMan replied directing me to the coolest site ever, QDQ.com . You go to "Madrid fotos," type in the address you want, and behold, you will not only see its picture, but will be able to "wander" about the neighborhood. MadridMan's note contains direct links.

There are two more places you might want to investigate. One is a two-story apartment they call the "duplex" at Calle de la Montera 33 may be found at gomadrid.com/apartments , I think, which rents for 60 euros a day for two people, less for one. It has a washing machine, no dryer and no services, but seems a bargain and the man you deal with on the Net, Roger Warwick, is very nice. The other is Hostal Madrid , at Esparteros, 6, practically on the Plaza Mayor, which has both rooms and apartments with a separate bedroom, the latter at 84 euros a night for two, 10 more than Principe charges for an efficiency. Remember most places charge depending on the number of people. All the neighborhoods, I am told and guess from the pictures, are very much alive night and day and thus presumably safe. I have booked the Hostal Madrid and will report back in March.

#5166 - 02/04/03 12:41 PM Re: Madrid:Principe 11 vs. En busca del tiempo
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks Barry for "stepping in". I was out of town but now have edited the subject line to reflect the city location.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5167 - 02/11/03 04:12 PM Re: Madrid:Principe 11 vs. En busca del tiempo
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I'm also trying to choose between these hotels for a one night stay in April (and also traveling solo).

Does either hotel have an elevator? wink If not, how many stairs are we talking about here? :o

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments