MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5146 - 02/13/03 04:47 AM Re: Finding lodging during Semana Santa
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Eddie, yep thats the one. I figured it wasnt really in the center of town. But it looked like to stay in the city center it was going to cost a lot more, and be super hard to find rolleyes . Thanks for the info, good to know. I dont care where Im at as long as Im in Sevilla laugh Cant wait!!!!!!!
Kelly smile

#5147 - 02/13/03 05:30 AM Re: Finding lodging during Semana Santa
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Wife & I stayed there a few years ago - it was very, very hot in Sevilla (41 Celsius - more than 100 F). The hotel has a small swimming pool in the backyard and rooms are equipped with air conditioners. Either of those could come in handy. cool
It's on c/Monte Olivet - taxi drivers had a hard time finding it. But as I say, it's within walking distance of Estación Santa Justa. Be careful! We stayed 2-nights; when we checked out they tried to charge us for 3-nights. rolleyes

#5148 - 02/13/03 07:58 AM Re: Finding lodging during Semana Santa
Val Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi there all!

We are just tired this year and will probably go to the coast to a nice hotel right on the beach!

However, for those looking for a special and typical "Semana Santa", Zamora (north of Salamanca) has one of the best and most famous celebrations in Spain and it is not as full of tourists. Its a more somber style of processions, but also very beautiful. So, those not into the Andalucia Easter scene...this could be a very interesting choice.

Have fun!

#5149 - 02/13/03 09:09 AM Re: Finding lodging during Semana Santa
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Hi again everybody! So with the hotel, I will be in Sevilla thurs, fri, sat night... now the question, what to do the rest of the week. Can anybody tell me if I will have trouble, encounter super high prices for hostales in other cities in spain, early that week (Madrid, etc)????
cool

#5150 - 02/13/03 10:13 AM Re: Finding lodging during Semana Santa
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Kelly writes:
Quote:
So ... I will be in Sevilla thurs, fri, sat night... now the question, what to do the rest of the week. Can anybody tell me if I will have trouble, encounter super high prices for hostales in other cities in spain, early that week (Madrid, etc)????
I know the seashore resort hotels and hostals charge 'high season' prices during Semana Santa. Most Office employees in the large cities are off work Thurs. and Fri. of Semana Santa and the Monday after Easter. A lot of people take that whole week off and head for the shore. We took a train Madrid-Alicante early that week one year - it was super crowded! eek

You may also encounter higher prices in cities like Cordoba that have their own Semana Santa activities; but Madrid should be OK, especially early that week. Lots of Madrileños daytrip to places like Toledo and Segovia during Semana Santa. rolleyes
P.S.
Be sure to buy your Madrid-Sevilla reservations (on AVE) a few days early. Trains will be running pretty full Thursday. Same advice if you take Socibus/Secorbus.
AVISO!
Another problem you may not have considered for Semana Santa in Sevilla: Due to the large number of Processions Thursday and Friday, many streets will be closed during certain hours; bus routes will be disrupted and Taxistas will "take you for a ride!" The Ayuntamiento de Sevilla publishes a booklet each year giving the schedules for street closings (processions). Ask a Taxista for one and take it from there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments