Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#510 - 09/29/00 04:55 PM Where to Stay, Puerta del Sol or Plaza Santa Ana (Madrid)
MLJ Offline

I'm headed to Madrid Oct. 13-17 and am not sure on where to stay (it's been 10 years since I was last in Madrid). My girlfriend and I are 30 and looking for a nice hostal in or near the night life. We plan to hit the clubs etc. Some of our friends have said that the Plaza del Sol is the place to be, but I've noticed that my of the people on these messageboards tout the Plaza Santa Anna area. I'd like to get things booked up ASAP because it seems things are filling up for some reason.

Any clarification/distiction between these areas would be helpful. Also, suggestions on places to stay (that may still have rooms) and good techno clubs would be great.

Thanks for your help.
Mark

#511 - 09/29/00 08:56 PM Re: Where to Stay, Puerta del Sol or Plaza Santa Ana (Madrid)
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
If you check on a map, you will see that the Puerta del Sol and the Plaza de Santa Ana are very nearby. Sol is big and noisy-- staying near Sol is cool. Santa Ana can be noisy, but it is intimate and a great location. As long as you are happy with your hostal and it is central, you should be fine! let us know how it goes!

#512 - 10/01/00 11:53 AM Re: Where to Stay, Puerta del Sol or Plaza Santa Ana (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I agree with rgf. Puerta del Sol is BUSY with high concentration of people & tourists, traffic, and pickpocketers. I would suggest Plaza Santa Ana. It's slower, but still busy with nightlife and fewer tourists -- still, be careful with your wallet. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that the majority of tourists DON'T go to Plaza Santa Ana at all.

Saludos, MadridMan (leaving for Madrid in 3 hours!)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#513 - 10/02/00 04:23 PM Re: Where to Stay, Puerta del Sol or Plaza Santa Ana (Madrid)
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
The three points in Madrid where you will find more tourist are:

1) Puerta del Sol
2) Plaza Mayor
3) Plaza de Santa de Ana

Nevertheless Madrid is a city that somehow hides itself. Most probably (like 95% of tourists) you will miss the Plaza de la Paja area (where only very knowledgeable tourists go) which is the Middle ages part of the city and the most beautiful and enticing for me.

Good Luck
Andrés.

------------------
Taste Madrid with:
http://www.walksofspain.com

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments