Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5119 - 01/28/03 09:36 PM Hotels in Granada
granada94 Offline

Loc: West Haven, CT
Ugh!!... all this preparation for a honeymoon is tiring. ANy suggestions on hotels in Granada? I lived and went to school there but never bothered to pay attention to my surroundings. I always stay with friends but they don;t know much about the accomodations in their own city. Hoping to not spend my honeymoon in a dive! Gracias.

#5120 - 01/28/03 11:21 PM Re: Hotels in Granada
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Try www.granadainfo.com

They have apartments and hotel suggestions. We stayed in Cali's apartment and it was wonderful EXCEPT for the fact that there were recycling bins beneath our window and the noise of breaking glass continued for hours!!!!

Good luck!!

#5121 - 01/31/03 07:53 PM Re: Hotels in Granada
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
I've been looking at Hostal Suecia in Granada. Fax is 958 225044. I don't think there is a website but it is described as "tucked away at the end of a quiet little street at the very foot of the Alhambra hill...every inch a southern house with teracotta roof tiles, arched windows and an old sharon-fruit tree....it feels like a family home...bedrooms which vary in size and comfort...beds are comfortable...rooms are spotless...the most peaceful spot in town, the rooftop terrace...leisurely breakfasts."* Listed as D/Tw 6000 Pts; + 450 for breakfast. Sound good? --CC

*Alistair Sawday's Special Places to Stay in Spain and Portugal

#5122 - 01/31/03 08:59 PM Re: Hotels in Granada
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Carole Chiaro, Hosatl Suecia does not have a website but I did a Google search and found THIS page with a photo of the place and other information. UNFORTUNATELY the page is in ..... ummm.. Swedish? (one of the Nordic languages, I'm guessing) No prices listed but is says they have 13 beds.

There's also THIS short write-up about Hostal Suecia in English.... It states:
Quote:
Hostal Suecia
Calle Molinos (Huerta de los Angeles) 8, Granada. Tel: 958 225044; fax: 958 225044
Doubles £28.

The Suecia provides a less expensive night in Granada but is nevertheless at the foot of the Alhambra hill. It is in a leafy cul-de-sac, every inch a southern house, with terra cotta roof tiles and arched windows. It has the feel of a family home, with rooms of varying shapes and sizes - all modest and Spanish-clean. The rooftop terrace is a place to gaze on the Alhambra, only hundreds of yards away, and to pretend you are somewhere far more expensive.
I love it. "Spanish-clean". How true.

I'm not sure about your budget but what about the Parador de Granada ?
Quote:
... the Catholic kings were buried for some time in the old church of the Franciscan convent -today, the Parador itself- until the year 1521, when their remains were moved to the Royal Chapel where they lie now. And, if you lodge here, you can spend the night in the gardens of the Alhambra.
Quote:
Spending a night in the gardens of the Alhambra, among fountains, trees and large arched windows is the exclusive opportunity offered by this Parador, a former convent built on the decision of the Catholic Monarchs. This monumental ensemble proposes placid walks around the city for the guest, although the building itself invites you to discover a dreamlike interior, where Arabic and Christian styles are mixed. Its bedrooms, all different, offer exceptional views of the Generalife, the Secano gardens and the Albaicín, while the classicism of the furniture and numerous portraits mark the decoration of the interior rooms. Under the coffered ceiling of the dining room and the freshness of the summer terrace "gazpacho andaluz" (cold soup), "tortilla de Sacromonte" (omelette) and "piononos de Santa Fe" (typical cake) are offered.
It looks and sounds JUST beautiful!

Happy Honeymoon!!! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5123 - 02/01/03 01:14 PM Re: Hotels in Granada
Tia Offline

Quote:
UNFORTUNATELY the page is in ..... ummm.. Swedish? (one of the Nordic languages, I'm guessing)
I don´t understand a word. It´s Dutch. :p

#5124 - 02/01/03 05:35 PM Re: Hotels in Granada
granada94 Offline

Parador de Granada is absolutely beautiful. I had did a quick visit with friends for lunch and a glass of sangria. It's sooooo far away from everything. frown Any other suggestions?

#5125 - 02/03/03 05:37 AM Re: Hotels in Granada
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
hmmmm well Iv been here in Granada close to 3 weeks not, but like you said havent paid much attention to names of hotels etc. Although I do walk by quite a few nice looking ones on my way to class!!! What area are you thinking?? I did see the parador on a recent (one of many!!) visit to the alhambra, but I dont think I would want to walk all they way up there multiple times a day!!! If you do stay in the parador, there a minibuses that run frequently between there and Plaza Nueva...I think they cost 85 cents a trip.

#5126 - 02/03/03 08:43 AM Re: Hotels in Granada
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hi Granada94,
Check out www.secretplaces.com

#5127 - 02/04/03 04:43 PM Re: Hotels in Granada
granada94 Offline

Hi!

I've now sent friends from Granada on a search of a place to stay. They too have not a clue. As you mentioned... they don't pay much attention. It's even worse since they feel my husband and I need to stay with them. I'm still searching. Suggestions always welcome.

#5128 - 02/27/05 11:03 AM Re: Hotels in Granada
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi all! I've been doing some research for the new Granada Lodging page and found that the 2005 prices to stay at the Parador de Granada is ..... ready?... steady yourself.....

245 EUROS PER NIGHT!!!! eek eek eek That's $323 US, folks! eek That makes it, BY FAR, the MOST expensive Parador in all of Spain. The next closest is the Parador in Santiago de Compostela at 195 Euros per night but most are in the 110-120 Euros per night range.

See the OFFICIAL 2005 prices HERE for all of Spain's Paradors , month-by-month index and listing ALL paradors in this *.PDF file.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments