Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5111 - 01/28/03 11:45 AM Madrid: Hostal Chelo?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Okay, finally you've got me. I'm intrigued. We had been hoping to stay at Hostal La Macarena near the Plaza Mayor but with the continued "press" on Antonio's Hostal Chelo , we may reconsider. Since we have only stayed at the Hostal Andorra on the Gran Vía (and found it a bargain at about $35 per night), Hostal Chelo looks like a viable option. I know that a lot has been written about it. I checked the location on the map. It appears to be within easy walking distance of most everything. Am I correct? What's its finest attribute?--CC

#5112 - 01/28/03 12:25 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Chelo?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quote:
What's its finest attribute?--
hehehe.. you're kidding, right? OH! You mean OTHER THAN having Antonio's mental encyclopedia of Madrid tourism at your beckon call?? wink (does the fact that Antonio's sister is cute count? No. Maybe not, Carole. hehehehe.. :p )

I spent a night there in October 2000 after one of the "Party With MadridMan in Madrid" gatherings and I slept like a baby.

Hostal Chelo is nice. What's its greatest attribute? That's a tough one because in many respects it's very similar to the many other hostels at which I've stayed in Madrid: spotlessly clean, balcony (in some rooms), TV, smallish rooms and bathrooms (as compared with a hotel, that is), good location. (see 3 photos of the building and map HERE on the QDQ.com site. I stayed in one of those rooms above with the balcony)

Hmmm.. it's tough to say ONE thing but if I HAD to I'd have to say the kindness with which Antonio and his family treat you when staying there.

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5113 - 01/28/03 12:49 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Chelo?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I am staying there for 3 nights in early March and will report back when I return. I don't know when you are traveling, but maybe that will help. Antonio has confirmed the reservation and I am looking forward to the stay!! smile

#5114 - 01/29/03 08:37 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Chelo?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Well, we'll give it a try. I will visit the website then e-mail for reservations. May we have una habitacion doble con balcon, Antonio? --CC

#5115 - 01/30/03 04:07 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Chelo?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Hi Carole,

I'm very busy this week so please wait until next Monday or so and I'll reply with all the details. In the meantime, send me all the information I request I my webpage.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments