Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#499 - 09/29/00 12:59 PM segovia or toledo?
Mikey & Wendy Offline

Loc: York, England
We will be in Madrid from the 15 to 20 October and are thinking of having a night or two out of the city. Which would you recommend, segovia or toledo? And what accomodation (if you'd bother staying overnight). We want somewhere very cheap and cheerful.

#500 - 09/29/00 01:18 PM Re: segovia or toledo?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Both are great!! Read up on them, on this board, and elsewhere... I'd probably say to make it a day trip so you don't have to haul all your stuff around. A full day for either city is good (though never enough, right?) Both are easily reached by bus. There is more to 'do' in Toledo, more to 'eat' in Segovia, as you will see from the posts!

#501 - 09/29/00 01:57 PM Re: segovia or toledo?
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
It’s a close call between these two but I would opt for Segovia because of the aqueduct and the fairy tale castle, just like something out of Disney as you approach it.

#502 - 09/29/00 02:11 PM Re: segovia or toledo?
balanceok Offline

Loc: Tulsa, OK USA
If you can only do one, do Segovia. And be sure and stop by the Valle de los Caidos.
Remarkable trip!!!

------------------
"No other success can compensate for failure in the home."

#503 - 09/29/00 02:25 PM Re: segovia or toledo?
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
I would say Toledo cause it has aloooooot to see and offer, i mean alot. But it's a toss up!!!!!!!!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98/homepage.html?957296168010

#504 - 09/30/00 07:51 AM Re: segovia or toledo?
Mikey & Wendy Offline

Loc: York, England
Thanks for the help everyone. Another question - where would we go to get a day trip to either segovia or toledo, or is it better to use public transport (train/bus)?

#505 - 09/30/00 09:10 AM Re: segovia or toledo?
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
I believe that Segovia can be reached via
underground station principe pio and then bus company LA SEPULVEDANA.

Bus station SUR DE AUTOBUSES FOR TOLEDO

#506 - 09/30/00 10:12 AM Re: segovia or toledo?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Steveaqui is right. Buses to Segovia depart from La Sepulvedana station at Príncipe Pío subway station.

[There are also trains from Chamartin but they take longer and they are more expensive].

As for trains there is no big difference. You can either take the train from Atocha or the bus from Estación Sur de Autobuses (at Méndez Alvaro subway station). Both are more or less the same fast as well as prices. However, there are more buses (one every 30 minutes) than trains and some of the buses are direct (they don't stop at every village).

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#507 - 09/30/00 07:58 PM Re: segovia or toledo?
derek Offline

Loc: London. UK
I can only speak about Toledo but it is a pretty good day out and apart from a bit of a walk from the station it is not a problem to get to. Beware of the roadworks going on in the middle of Toledo at the moment.They don't exactly add to the feel of the place but at least they restrict the traffic, I suppose.
I can't say what the bus is like from Madrid but I would recommend the train from Atocha Station. It is air conditioned, there is smoking and non-smoking,it is cheap(about 750 pesetas return )and it only takes an hour.
Derek

#508 - 10/01/00 04:59 AM Re: segovia or toledo?
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
it really depends upon what you're looking for. whether it be the past glories of the kingdom of castilla(segovia) or the three cultures(toledo), they possess a differing ambiance. personally i lean towards toledo. the city simply fascinates me with its intertwined moorish, sephardic and christian past. there's much to see there. (i.e. alcazar, catherdral, synagogues, mosques, mudejar architecture, medinalike streets, el greco's legacy)the city just has a beautifully brooding aura that really attracts me. this surfaces evermore when walking the maze of streets at night.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments