Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#50456 - 11/16/00 09:12 AM Flamenco
Amy25 Offline

Loc: Troy, MI USA
What is Flamenco exactly? One of my travel companions wants to see this can anyone give me a reccommendation on where to see some great Flamenco?

#50457 - 11/16/00 09:48 AM Re: Flamenco
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Amy25! This topic has been covered pretty well in the "Food, Drink, & Entertainment" forum. Go there, use the SEARCH feature in the menu above/to the right, use FLAMENCO as your keyword, and you'll find many postings about locations in Madrid and Sevilla (at least).

As for what it is exactly, its history/reason, I suggest waiting for a response from missmadrid98 herself, our local flamenco dancer. Have you seen her photo of her dancing from her "Dinner In L.A." thread?

Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 11-16-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#50458 - 11/16/00 11:05 AM Re: Flamenco
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Flamenco is the Andalucian-gypsy based Spanish dance. In Flamenco you can use any combination of these 4 things; palmas (hand-clapping), guitar, cante (flamenco singing), and dance. I think and feel Flamenco is a direct expression of your soul, but other people may tell you otherwise. There are over a dozen different dances in Flamenco, there are: Tangos, Tanguillos, Sevillanas, Fandangos, Alegrias, and so forth. There are also accesories you can use in these dances such as; fans, mantons (shawls) castanets and hats. Though the Flamenco style and dances differ from region to region, it essentially thrives in the south, Andalucia. i hope this answers your question and if you would like to see pictures or anymore info you can visit the flamenco page on my site! OLE!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments