Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#50065 - 08/12/00 11:30 AM National Day - 12 October
Rich Offline

Loc: Toronto
Hi,

I'm starting my upcoming 3 week trip to Spain in Madrid on Oct 7th. I'd like to spend about 5 or 6 days in Madrid before I head down to Cordoba.

Is National Day a really festive holiday where the city comes alive with lots of celebrating or is it basically just a day off work where everything's closed? I was thinking of traveling to Cordoba on that day but perhaps it might be more fun to stay in Madrid. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Rich

PS - Incredible site MadridMan! Very user friendly, great layout, and extremely informative content. Also has a really warm, inviting feel...don't ask me what that means. All I know is that I'm constantly coming back here. Great job!

------------------

#50066 - 08/12/00 12:45 PM Re: National Day - 12 October
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Rich! Thanks for the warm, kind words about my website. I'm happy to provide such content information to people who hope to visit Madrid/Spain someday AND to those people who already love her as I do.

Like you, I TOO(!!!) will be in Madrid during National Day (Columbus Day here in the USA) and would also be very interested to hear what happens.

By the way, there's an excellent chance that you'll be in Madrid during the time of "Party With MadridMan: Version 2.0" at the El Brillante Bar/Eatery. Check the MadridMan.com front page in September for exact dates/times if you'd like to join the gathering (of 20+ people??) of travellers and Spaniards talking about our favorite topic: SPAIN! We had such a good time last year.

SPANIARDS!!! What sayeth you about Nacional day in Madrid (or Spain)?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#50067 - 08/12/00 06:41 PM Re: National Day - 12 October
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Unfortunately, in Madrid is just a day off work. There is usually a military parade and the King gives a reception to the embassadors in Madrid.

This day is also "Día del Pilar" (patron saint of Zaragoza). There it is more celebrated and people go to the Basílica del Pilar to bring flowers to the virgin.

Hope someone can tell you more about other celebrations in Spain.

Regards,

Antonio

#50068 - 08/12/00 07:22 PM Re: National Day - 12 October
Rich Offline

Loc: Toronto
Thanks Madridman and Antonio. National Day doesn't appear to be a huge deal but from what I've read no one in Madrid needs an excuse to party anyway. Speaking of which, MadridMan your party sounds great. Seeing as I'm traveling solo I would welcome the opportunity to meet a bunch of people. I'll definitely keep my eye out for more info next month. Thanks again, Rich.

------------------

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments