Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4982 - 01/09/03 04:23 PM Madrid:surprising my husband would like very nice hotel with good location to sites
Basil Offline

Loc: orlando
Never been to Madrid, just starting reading up on it. Seems travel books do not really recommend hotels, just give description.

Does anyone know of nice hotel in good sight seeing location for first time Madrid visitors. It is surprise for husband and he appreciates nice hotels, but I would like a little historical or cultural feel to hotel. Is there something that might fit the bill for both?

#4983 - 01/10/03 03:44 PM Re: Madrid:surprising my husband would like very nice hotel with good location to sites
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
You seem to been talking about AC Santo Mauro , perhaps my favorite hotel in Madrid. A little bit pricey nonetheless although now they have this very good offer for Honeymooners, only 349$ a superior room! ;-)

Andrés

#4984 - 01/11/03 02:13 PM Re: Madrid:surprising my husband would like very nice hotel with good location to sites
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
Have a look at the Intur Palacio San Martin near Puerta del Sol.
http://www.hotelinturpalacio.com/
It's a new luxury hotel in a historic building. If you do a search under Hostels & Other Lodgings, I've written a review on it last May.
Enjoy Madrid!

#4985 - 01/11/03 10:09 PM Re: Madrid:surprising my husband would like very nice hotel with good location to sites
Bill Offline

Loc: Clearwater,Fl
I highly recommend Palacio San Martin near Puerta del Sol...We stayed there twice in October. Luv it! Can't wait to get back..Excellent location. They were planning to add a health/fitness room in November. If they did - fine. If not, I wouldn't care. Spotlessly clean.. beautifully appointed furniture and great lobby & bar.
Use your Bancotel checks there for a great deal.

#4986 - 01/13/03 09:53 AM Re: Madrid:surprising my husband would like very nice hotel with good location to sites
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
I think it's time for me to finally share (reluctantly :p ) with you all my favourite site where hotels are concerned; it's: www.secretplaces.com wink

Enjoy!

#4987 - 01/13/03 06:00 PM Re: Madrid:surprising my husband would like very nice hotel with good location to sites
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I highly recommend Hostal Chelo .

Sincerely,

Antonio

wink

#4988 - 01/13/03 06:20 PM Re: Madrid:surprising my husband would like very nice hotel with good location to sites
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
Thanks Pim for sharing your secret hotel resources with us. Great stuff! A lot of these hotels are way out of my range but there's a few that might just squeak into my budget for my trip to Spain this coming April.

#4989 - 01/13/03 07:13 PM Re: Madrid:surprising my husband would like very nice hotel with good location to sites
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You're a Devil, CaliBasco! Hahahaha... wink
(but seriously, I always recommend Hostal Chelo for budget-minded travelers)

Basil, too bad there aren't any Paradors in Madrid rolleyes but this might be a good option if you'd like a 1 or 2-night getaway to nearby Toledo or Chinchon .

While I've NEVER read/heard any feedback on them, there are few quaint B & Bs which are listed @ http://www.MadridBandB.com . The photos certainly look nice and quite elegant too.

Also consider some of the hotels using Bancotel checks. The hotels tend to be nicer (don't they??) and at a discounted rate when using these checks.

Good luck and please keep us posted. Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4990 - 01/16/03 01:51 AM Re: Madrid:surprising my husband would like very nice hotel with good location to sites
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
Meeting all of your requirements, except perhaps a reasonable price would be the Palace Hotel. Nearby, and perhaps slightly less expensive is the Villa Real. A great bargain on the Gran Via is the Hotel Emperador. You can get the best rates for the Emperador through. www.hotelsspain.com.

Buena suerte

Lee

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments