Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4958 - 01/03/03 11:12 AM Cordoba:Hostal Lineros 38
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Hi--I did a search for a hostal in Cordoba. Hostal Lineros 38 looks like a good bet and, at 54 Euros, a good price. Has anyone stayed there recently? Hotel Lina looks gorgeous but quite expensive at 108 Euros so it's a little out of our price range. Hotel Albucassis and Hostal Maestre are also options but I could not find the website for the first and could not find an e-mail address for the second. Any help on this?

#4959 - 01/03/03 01:35 PM Re: Cordoba:Hostal Lineros 38
jmcarr Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
I stayed at Hostal Maestre last spring. The email was hotelmaestre@hotelmaestre.com. It was several days before I heard from the hostal after my initial inquiry. There is an old thread about Maestre and Albucasis if you search the Hostal/Hotel section of the MB.

jmc

#4960 - 01/03/03 01:42 PM Re: Cordoba:Hostal Lineros 38
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I stayed at Hostal Lineros 38 in mid-November. I asked for a single room and got a room with two twin beds. I believe the price was about 30 Euros. The room was on the ground floor right on calle Lineros. At first, I thought it might be noisy but the room was pretty quiet thanks to very heavy wooden shutters. The hostal is in a good location, with the Mezquita only a few blocks down the street.

I called from the RENFE station when I arrived in the afternoon. The owner was very friendly but did not speak English. My Spanish was good enough to get by and the room was ready when I arrived by taxi 20 minutes later.

The room was quite large with a nice sized bathroom with a stall shower. There was a small TV in the room. When I checked out the next morning, the owner was nice enough to let me leave my luggage at the desk until the afternoon. He even called for a taxi that picked me up at the hostal and took me to the train station. I believe the fare was only about 5 Euros.

I enjoyed my stay in Cordoba and hope you have a good time there also.

#4961 - 04/30/05 03:00 AM Re: Cordoba:Hostal Lineros 38
emi Offline

Loc: australia
HI ALL, need help pronto!!!

i would love to stay at this hostel. but i have a slight problem. If one bed is about $29 for a quad, why do i have to pay for the whole room, why is that?? i dont mine sharing.... at all but iam not gna pay more than for a bed? how does this work? can someone please hlp me... am gna be in spain in a mth's time , i am freakin out.

also, does anyone have the phone number of the place? cant seem to find it online ..please email me a.s.ap. thanks!

#4962 - 04/30/05 04:05 AM Re: Cordoba:Hostal Lineros 38
nevado Offline

Places called Hostal, in Spain, function like hotels but usually without the frills and are family owned. They do not arrange accommodation by the bed as all rooms are private. Some hostales have single up to quad rooms, meant to be used for families or groups of friends. So, as you see, you are not dealing with what I think you think you are- these are not bunked dorm rooms, but rather private rooms. Hostales often offer singles for a great price so perhaps you'd be better off looking for one that has those available.

#4963 - 04/30/05 06:49 AM Re: Cordoba:Hostal Lineros 38
emi Offline

rittttte...thanks Nevada ok... that makes sense... so i guess i wont be able to enjoy the ambience of this particular hostal... hmmmm, any recommendations.. am on a tight budget!

#4964 - 04/30/05 08:14 AM Re: Cordoba:Hostal Lineros 38
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
emi, first, welcome to our message board!

nevado, above, has described the differences between a "hostal" and a YOUTH hostel very well.

And while Hostal Lineros 38 is not in your budget, you can visit them through their website (see link above or click here ) for all contact information. They have a brand new website!

Sounds like you're looking for a YOUTH HOSTEL (called "albergue juvenil" in Spanish).

You can visit the informational website @ http://www.inturjoven.com/red_detalle.asp?Id=7 to view details of the very-well-located youth hostel in Córdoba, very near the Alcázar and Mezquita. It's only in Spanish and no rates are given.

http://www.inturjoven.com/red.asp lists the different youth hostels in Andalucía. The links to those different locations have informational pages (only in Spanish).

Best of luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4965 - 04/30/05 11:20 PM Re: Cordoba:Hostal Lineros 38
emi Offline

thanks madrid man.. my spanish is...errr.. really bad ..but i'll go check out the website. really appreciate you help.. smile cheers! have a good day.

ps: i read your complex write out on the difference between hostales, pension and what not.. its hilarious....

thanks again.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments