Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#487 - 09/28/00 12:50 AM Hotel Asturias? (Madrid)
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I just wanted to see if anyone has visited the Hotel Asturias? From what I've found, it is at the Sevilla metro stop and seems to be fairly cheap for a Hotel. If anyone has any thoughts, let me know.

#488 - 09/28/00 06:53 AM Re: Hotel Asturias? (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
What city are we talking about? Barcelona? Madrid? Note to group: please try to make your subject lines location descriptive as this is an "All Spain" message board. Thanks!

Okay. *I* know we're talking about Madrid here, but others might not. The SEVILLA metro stop is very very close to the Hotel Asturias and it faces the Plaza de Canalejas, a very nice (and busy!) plaza just east of the Puerta del Sol. It's cheap?? Really? How much is it and how did you find the price? I see they don't have a website.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#489 - 09/28/00 03:46 PM Re: Hotel Asturias? (Madrid)
connie Offline

The location is GREAT, and the place looks nice. However, when I once asked there for a room, they said their price was 15.000 ptas, which I found pretty overpriced for Madrid given that it is a 2-star-hotel. I can hardly believe, though, that this is their general price. Maybe they thought I would take it in any case, but I didn't. If the price is o.k., it should be nice.

#490 - 09/30/00 01:26 PM Re: Hotel Asturias? (Madrid)
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Yes, it is the one in Madrid.
I'm not sure of the exact price, but it's well below 15,000 pesetas. I arranged it through a travel agent friend of mine.

#491 - 10/01/00 03:38 AM Re: Hotel Asturias? (Madrid)
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
Asturias hotel is a good choice, it looks very clean, the price (without promotions) is 12.000 for a double room with breakfast. And the main advantage is that you walk five minutes and you can be in Sol, Plaza Mayor, Cibeles, Lavapies, Gran Vía, ...

So try to reserve in advance, the price will be better, about 7.500 pts for a double room was the price for two dutch friends who spent two nights in Madrid.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
bong leal70, traveler2020, marcosvila31, Donna Sallstrom, bettyhutt07
7772 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments