Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4813 - 11/04/02 11:43 AM Paradores 5 night card Thumbs Up!
HannibalMO Offline

Loc: Hannibal, MO
My husband and I got back from Spain Oct. 30 and we had such a good time. We spent 3 days in Madrid and then rented a car and went to smaller towns. I had made reservations at 3 paradores and had seen info on their web site ( www.parador.es ) about their 5 night card. For $365 we had incredibly nice double rooms for 5 nights. It does have to be used Sunday through Thursday nights, but if your trip can work around that limitation, it is well worth it. Where in the states can you get a 4 star hotel room for under $75 per night? After staying in Madrid at Hostal Las Fuentes for $57 for a clean but teeny room and even teenier bath that one person has a hard time negotiating, it was wonderful to have a huge room with a TV that had CNN, and a huge bath with a hairdryer. The paradors also have incredible restuarants that serve wonderful breakfast buffets, and a lunch and dinner menu with local foods and wines. We typically spent $25 per person and had a starter, main course, dessert and wine. Everything was delicious (although we saw animal parts I'd never seen on a plate before. I think in one chicken soup there were rooster combs floating around). The parador in Avila was a restored 15th century palace, right next to the beautiful city wall. It was very impressive. The one in Salamanca is a 1960's cubist structure but has an incredible view of the town, and its an easy hike over the beautiful 1st century Roman bridge into the historic centre. The one in Tordesillas is not walking distance into town, but has a lovely villa feel in the country.(this one even had complimentary beer and beer stines to take with you.) There are dozens more all across Spain...most in historic buildings. We plan to go back and try more. Check out their website.

#4814 - 11/04/02 12:24 PM Re: Paradores 5 night card Thumbs Up!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
HannibalMO, thanks SO mcuh for the review of the above paradors. We REALLY appreciate it.

And you're the ONLY person I'd read whom has ALSO stayed at the nice Parador de Tordesillas !

Here are some photos (some I took too) of the place as well as a scanned image of the bill of our dinner on our last of 3 nights there.

Brochure cover , Dinner Bill , Dinner at our table , Dining Room , Lobby Sitting Room , In the Window (dark)

The 3 nights were a Christmas gift to me by my ladyfriend in Madrid. We had a great time walking around the towns of Tordesillas (as you said, it's NOT within walking distance of the parador), Toro, Peñafiel, and other nearby villages.
Quote:
.(this one even had complimentary beer and beer stines to take with you.)
WHAT?! Free beer and beer stines??!! They didn't have that when WE were there last Christmas!! smile

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stays in the different paradors. The one in Tordesillas was my first.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4815 - 11/05/02 04:54 PM Re: Paradores 5 night card Thumbs Up!
HannibalMO Offline

Loc: Hannibal, MO
When you think about all the wine produced in the area of Tordesillas, it's no wonder they have to give the beer away! When you went into town did you tour the convent of Santa Clara? It formerly was a Mujahar palace and has "moorish" baths that were constructed just like the ancient roman baths. Also we thought it was cool to see the Treaty House where Spain and Portugal divided up the New World in the 1490's. So much history everywhere!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments