Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47914 - 06/24/08 03:38 AM Madrid: cama de matrimonio?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi,

Does anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy a double bed? Does anyone know if the ones in IKEA come with the mattress included or not? I'm confused by the IKEA website as it says in the same paragraph that the mattress is included and that it is not included!!

Oh, forgot to mention that it needs to be in Madrid preferably, although not necessarily.

#47915 - 06/24/08 06:15 AM Re: Madrid: cama de matrimonio?
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Well , my flatmate ( Spanish ) bought his double bed in a shop called " Merka Mueble " in San Sebastian de los Reyes .. It's right at the end of the Metro line , but the shopping complex called " Plaza del Norte " is huge ! He got a good deal , and the bed was delivered and set up at our flat here in Central Madrid ( 6th floor ! )

#47916 - 06/24/08 06:17 AM Re: Madrid: cama de matrimonio?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for that Steve, any idea roughly how much it was? Was the mattress included? I need to buy one mid-July, with my extra wage!!

#47917 - 06/24/08 06:27 AM Re: Madrid: cama de matrimonio?
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Mattress was included .. My flatmate always looks for bargains so I know it wasn't expensive .. He just left for work so I can't ask him now ... Maybe when he returns . I DO remeber being surprised at how cheap it was .

#47918 - 06/24/08 06:29 AM Re: Madrid: cama de matrimonio?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Excellent, thats good enough for me!! Thanks for your help, i shall be off to Merka Meuble in a couple of weeks then!

#47919 - 06/24/08 06:31 AM Re: Madrid: cama de matrimonio?
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
dont get me going about ikea, my daughter needed a bed last month and we went to the Manchester one three times before she made her mind up, picked it to find they had none in stock for at least a fortnight, so could we pay for it first "no" they said, can you ring when it is in "no" they said,look on the website everyday until it comes in or ring, there was never anything on the website and never had info on the telephone, so after three weeks we gave up and bought one from elsewhere (they also wanted £40.. to deliver it)
Anyway back to your question NO the bed does not come eith a mattress you pick the one to suit your needs
(i am assuming all ikeas deliver the same service the world over)

#47920 - 06/24/08 06:39 AM Re: Madrid: cama de matrimonio?
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

SallyAnne ... If you like your shopping , the complex "Plaza del Norte" could be a full day out ! I hate shopping malls but my friends love them and this is their preferred place . It's huge ... Think "Bluewater" in Kent or "The Metro Centre " in Newcastle .. Lots of restaurants and good shops . They have a huge MediaMarkt there too with very cheap electronic goods and a huge selection of DVDs and CDs .. Have fun

#47921 - 06/24/08 06:55 AM Re: Madrid: cama de matrimonio?
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Well I only like shopping if I need to buy things, i hate window shopping...but when i go for the bed I will need bedding too, and while I'm there I will look for some CDs too, thanks for the info, im quite looking forward to it!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments