Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#47869 - 11/25/07 09:57 PM used cds - Madrid?
gobears Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Does Madrid have any stores such as Amoeba or Rasputin where one can buy cheap used CDs?

#47870 - 12/04/07 01:40 PM Re: used cds - Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi gobears! Did you ever find any places which sell used CDs? I'd LOVE to find such places here in Madrid but I don't think I've ever seen one. Sadly, many people prefer to buy illegal, pirated copies of questionable quality on the street.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#47871 - 12/04/07 07:30 PM Re: used cds - Madrid?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
This is one of those postings from someone who doesn't pay much attention to addresses, but here goes. Start at Puerta del Sol walking west down c/ Arenal. Go three blocks on your right to c/ de las Hileras and turn right. The store is on the right (east) side of the street. They have thousands of used CD's, with original (opened)packaging. The big drawback is there is only marginal organization to it, you need to look at every single CD! I have purchased many CD's there over the years of all musical styles.

Warning-These directions were done from memory, using a map of Madrid (something I seldom use when there) It may be a block east or west although I am sure it is to the right off Arenal. I will correct if necessary when I am there next month.

Matt

#47872 - 12/04/07 07:57 PM Re: used cds - Madrid?
gobears Offline

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help. What is the store called?

Thanks!

#47873 - 12/04/07 09:25 PM Re: used cds - Madrid?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Not a clue. But it's the only used CD shop there.

#47874 - 12/05/07 03:17 AM Re: used cds - Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I KNOW THAT PLACE!!! (no idea what it's called though) But I'd never been inside and didn't know they sold USED CDs.

And now that I've got my head thinking in that direction I NOW remember ANOTHER used CD/DVD/Record shop in that same area. Here goes MY directions, no name of store, and no address (but I'll add it here in the next few days when I'm downtown next time)...

If you go in the SAME direction on Calle Arenal, starting at the Puerta del Sol and heading WEST towards OPERA, you go about 2/3 down the street and take a LEFT heading uphill slightly. On the right side of the street there's the shop. I recall that at first glance at the sign it almost appears to be a SEX SHOP or something but it's not. I bought some used DVDs there in the last year.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#47875 - 12/05/07 05:32 AM Re: used cds - Madrid?
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
The place on Arenal is called Yunke. It's on the corner of c/Hileras, I believe.

#47876 - 12/09/07 08:58 AM Re: used cds - Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I walked by these places last Friday night. Here they are:

DISCOS YUNKE
Calle Arenal, 20

and maybe 30 meters away at the very nearby intersection is...

DISCOS KRISTEL (one-time location of DISCOS YUNKE)
Calle Bordadores, 11

Put their addresses in Google Maps to find them. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

#47877 - 12/09/07 09:58 PM Re: used cds - Madrid?
gobears Offline

Cool! Thanks MadridMan!!

#47878 - 02/07/08 04:04 AM Re: used cds - Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

UPDATE: Yesterday I walked by the aforementioned DISCOS KRISTEL on Calle Bordadores, 11 (just barely off of Calle de Arenal) and IT SEEMS it's closed for good, with the white paint covering the windows and everything. I peeked in and could see all kinds of shelving strewn about. The outside sign is still hanging there so maybe, if we're lucky, they're just going through a re-decorating period or something.

Discos Yunke is still open, however.

Saludos, MadridMan

#47879 - 02/15/08 05:38 AM Re: used cds - Madrid?
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
Ive bought 2nd hand cd's and dvd's from daily price they are a chain all over the place http://www.daily-price.es/tiendas.php?localizacion=Madrid

#47880 - 03/04/08 11:22 AM Re: used cds - Madrid?
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Just wanted to draw music liv ers' attention to at least one GREAT place for cheap and used cds , tapes , dvds and vinyl . A good friend of mine ( Basque ) took me on a tour of some incredible places to buy music .
"La Metralleta" .. Pza de Las Descalzas ( Galeria commercial de parking ) . It's a shabby collection of shops , underground , that's like a treasure trove of music .. lots of rare and hard to find stuff too .
Metro Sol or Callao . When you get to Plaza de Las Descalzas look for a sort of glass metro style entrance underground .. The square is very small , but the signs for " Metralleta " are not obvious . Great place .
Also check out a small shop half way down the infamous Calle Montera ( left hand side as you walk towards Sol ) . The owner is a huge music lover ( Especially " Heroes del Silencio " ) . Check out all his concert tickets on the walls .

#47881 - 03/05/08 01:28 AM Re: used cds - Madrid?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

The Doctor always told me if I kept listening to used CD's while drinking I would get "music liver"! laugh

#47882 - 03/05/08 05:05 AM Re: used cds - Madrid?
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Mongo .... Jajaja !!!!
Yeah ... I noticed that mistake and i'd even previewed the post before I sent it ! I was planning to call MM and ask him to change it but didn't get round to it ... Have we met here in Spain ? I get confused with all these on line nicknames .. . Make sure you call MM if you get over here and we'll have some lunch ( maybe some higado jejeje ) . Steve

#47883 - 03/12/08 10:55 AM Re: used cds - Madrid?
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
Can anyone recommend places to buy used CDs in Barcelona?

#47884 - 03/12/08 01:58 PM Re: used cds - Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

arthurg, I think that deserves another thread - although I don't think we have any members IN Barcelona at the moment.

Saludos, MadridMan/BarcelonaMan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments