Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4782 - 10/26/02 07:10 PM Cordoba lodging
Babs Offline

Loc: upstate New York
Okay so now we plan to go to Madrid for four day (12/22-26) and Cordoba from 12/26-12/30. Any suggestions for hostals or B & KB (five people) thanks for the input. Babs confused

#4783 - 10/26/02 08:01 PM Re: Cordoba lodging
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Babs!
First of all, what's a B & KB? wink And another tip, the word "hostals" doesn't exist in any language. It's really a Spanglish word. The plural of hostel is hostels in English and the plural of hostal is hostales in Spanish. In fact, the direct translation of the Spanish word "hostal" is "hostel". The rules are a bit different in Spain. You must distinguish "hostel" from "youth-hostel" because they're two totally different types of lodgings.

ANYWAY.... rolleyes ... there are only 3 hostels in Córdoba which have websites and I don't think we've had much (if any) feedback about any of them so far. Here they are:

Hostal Granada , Hostal Lineros 38 , & Hostal El Triunfo

Wherever you decide to stay, Babs, won't you please come back here and give us your feedback so that everyone can learn from your experiences? Thanks very much!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4784 - 10/27/02 04:53 AM Re: Cordoba lodging
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
In my opinion, I think four or five nights in Cordoba is too much, Babs. Of course everybody's views differ, but for me one night is sufficient.

Use Sevilla or the Costa del Sol as a base, then you can do day trips to Granada or Cordoba, or overnight if neccesary. I am on the southern coast and while the weather is superb at the moment, bear in mind that it may well be warm and sunny over Christmas, but just as often it can be cool and wet, although always warmer at night than inland. I just don't think that there is an awful lot to do in Cordoba when compared to other places, where at least if the weather is a bit inclement then you have lots more places to visit.

#4785 - 10/27/02 10:25 PM Re: Cordoba lodging
Babs Offline

Loc: upstate New York
I have been sending inquiries for accommodations in Almunecar but so far the only places we have with availability are the big brash hotel types that look a bit like Miami beach. We were hoping to find something a bit more atmospheric. We found a place in Ronda (los Villas) that looks like it could be a nice place...we are hoping for a location where there is some nightlife that our kids (15, 19, 22) can enjoy without us.

#4786 - 10/28/02 06:54 AM Re: Cordoba lodging
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
If you want to combine warm weather (hopefully!) with a base for exploring and also nightlife, then why not have a look at renting somewhere around the Marbella area? Do a search for Marbella rentals or have a look in the classified section in this weekly www.surinenglish.com

Don't go to Ronda whatever you do in December, other than for a day trip, if you are looking for the above. It is freezing cold up there and often snows. eek The younger members of your party will not be impressed with you either if you book Ronda, as there won't be much happening on a night.

#4787 - 11/19/02 10:54 AM Re: Cordoba lodging
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
This is an up to the minute report from Cordoba. I just arrived this afternoon. It was raining and I called Hostal Lineros 38 from the RENFE station. The lady that answered the phone did not speak English but I was able to do OK in Spanish. They had a single room availabe for 30 Euros and I took a taxi from the station. The cost was just over 5 Euros. The room is nice with two twin beds, and the bathroom is not too small with a stall shower. There is a TV with about 12 channels. The location is good, only a short walk to the Mezquita.

It is still raining and hopefully, the weather will be better tomorrow. This Internet Cafe was a good place to get out of the rain & check e-mails.

Adios de Cordoba.....

#4788 - 11/20/02 09:39 AM Re: Cordoba lodging
Jeorge Offline

Loc: Georgia (USA)
I've stayed at El Truinfo twicw and had no problems. Can't remember the tab, about 40 euros I think. It's right behind the Mezquita.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments