Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47675 - 12/10/05 08:43 AM MADRID: General Christmas Gift Ideas?
jlnastal Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi all. I'm headed to a Christmas party the minute I get home in about a week, and have to bring a general gift (around 20 USD) - any ideas? Men and women in their early twenties...I'm just not sure what would be a good "signature" Madrid or Spain gift. Thanks!

#47676 - 12/10/05 10:08 AM Re: MADRID: General Christmas Gift Ideas?
Gretchen6 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
You might want to try to Rastro this Sunday if possible. I always had great success finding gifts for people there. Spanish fans, botas, T-shirts, collector items etc....some nice gifts and some silly...even a Paella pan once smile There are also many tourist type shops along the way when you walk from Plaza Mayor to the Rastro. You are bound to find something. The city of Toledo is also a nice place to shop for gifts. My last resort is always the Barajas airport (I know that is sort of cheating) and I usually spend way too much on the gift.....desperate people pay I guess. Good luck.

#47677 - 12/12/05 05:36 AM Re: MADRID: General Christmas Gift Ideas?
Chica Offline
Executive Member

T-shirts are always a winner... also, Starbucks in Madrid (I know, who really goes there when you can get such awesome coffee in your neighborhood bar) sells Starbucks-Madrid mugs. Might be a neat gift for the coffee drinker who likes to showoff. wink ...along that same line, you could always go to the Hard Rock Café and get on HRC Madrid t-shirt there.

#47678 - 12/14/05 01:28 AM Re: MADRID: General Christmas Gift Ideas?
nevado Offline

How about making a gift basket with Spanish coffee, chocolate a la taza, saffron, olive oil, sherry vinegar, and pimenton? You could also throw in some Turron, a Spanish Christmas sweet, and/or mazapan.

#47679 - 12/14/05 03:54 PM Re: MADRID: General Christmas Gift Ideas?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Spanish wine are always a good gift.

I also bought two Spanish shaws in Madrid for for an female friend and my mother and they were a big hit. It it especailly fun to see them wear them and then ask were did they get those shaws from.

The store is I bought the shaws in Madrid is: Borcasa on Margues Vbo. de Pontejos Tel 91 532 61 53

They also sell table cloths, fancy ones.

Bill

#47680 - 12/19/05 03:19 AM Re: MADRID: General Christmas Gift Ideas?
jlnastal Offline

Thanks for all the ideas!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments