Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47670 - 12/02/05 07:21 PM Calling Spain cell phones from US
carole-wis Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Can anyone recommend reasonable calling cards to call mobil phones in Spain from the U.S.? My current card through Sam's Club/AT&T charges 51 cents a minute (ouch!) I looked at some options on the internet and the ones with the best rates seem to have lots of extra charges like weekly maintence fees and rounding up to the next 3 minutes. I searched "phone cards" on this forum and didn't see anything from this year, and with services and technologies changing all the time, I'm curious as to what is the best deal out there now. Thanks in advance for your help.

#47671 - 12/03/05 10:04 PM Re: Calling Spain cell phones from US
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I use 10-10-987. 10-10-987

My last bill in August was something like .53 to connect and .15/minute to mobiles and .03/minute to regular phones. Of course the government is going to get their cut frown

They include their charge with your monthly telephone bill.

#47672 - 12/04/05 09:44 AM Re: Calling Spain cell phones from US
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I got a 'flyer' from Verizon last week that advertises 30-cents a minute to a cellphone in Europe if you suscribe to a $4.99 monthly service. Some of the other 'baby bells' probably also offer a package like that.

In Spain, it costs as much to call a telefono movil as to make a station-to-station direct dial call from Spain to the U.S. (using tarjeta telefonica) Several of our relatives in Spain (especially those with vacation homes) have disconnected their home phones in favor of mobile phones and the caller has to bear the added expense.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments